Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
whats up guys i just got a cast manifold (jdm sport) for my b18b1 project. i don't care for the buy this manifold blah blah blah bullshit, im using this until i build a block. my problem is if i run the inlet on the passenger side it seems like i;d have to run a 45 off the drain on the turbo to the hose and possibly another 45 into the pan while to me isnt an ideal drain, however if i run the turbo with the inlet on the driver side(which i dont really want to do ) my drain will run pretty much straight into the pan (j shape return) , but i will have issue's with the down pipe as i didnt on my first turbo z6 last year . Does anyone have suggestions or better yet pictures of a bseries with a cast mani and passenger side turbo inlet/driver side dp to help me figure this out.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
noone has any idea's or pictures of a simalar drain issue or set up? if it helps any the motor is a b18b1 ,jdm sport cast manifold , turbonetics 60 trim , turbonetics evo wastegate.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i hate running passenger side exit exhausts honestly , it caused me issues with the down pipe and rad clearance on my d series and i saw someone else s ek ls-turbo with the rad clocked a weird ass way to clear

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
the major concern i have is the turbo drain , if i run a driverside downpipe(exhaust housing) im worried about my drain not being proper as id have to run a 45 or run the hose downward at an angle to the pan beings how the turbo would sit toward the radiator too much to have a basically straight down into the pan drain

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
see if i use a passanger side exit my drain would be straight up and down (ideal) if i put the inlet on the driverside my drain on my turbo would be over toward the the trans which would mean id have to run a 45 clocked toward the the oil pan and a longer return line

·
The H Badge is it!
5,657 Posts
just clock the turbo center housing, run a straight connector off of the turbo, and at worst a 45 degree -an connector (or barb fitting if thats how you roll..) on the pan.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
clocking the housing doesnt have any effect on the drain being a few inches over toward the trans . i guess ill help answer my own question. as long as the drain line is on a downward slope with no 90's , no kinks and doesnt dip i should be good correct?

·
The H Badge is it!
5,657 Posts
You guess you'll help answer your own question? Sorry we weren't of any help...

and yes that's basically it. The drain from the turbo is gravity drip, no oil pressure pushes it through. So as long as the oil will drain to the turbo (no kinks, harsh bends, etc.) you should be good.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts