Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I just received a new to me D15B VTEC and one of the vacuum nipples on the throttle body is broken. I had difficulty searching this because I don't even know what the thing is called:

How are these attached? Are they threaded or pressed or what? Can you buy new ones somewhere or just pull off a different engine. I'd like to use the stock throttle body as I plan on keeping everything as stock as possible. How would you all go about fixing this thing.

Thanks!

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
4,107 Posts
braze it, yank it, or replace the whole assembly

·
Meat Popsicle
91 CRX Si
2,936 Posts
I suppose you could drill it out, tap the hole, and find a threaded to barb fitting. Otherwise a quick and easy way to fix would be to cut it/break it off and run a self tapping screw into it with some kind of sealent.

If you want to keep things nice and OEM, find another TB.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the responses guys. :)

So if I wanted to go the route of tapping the existing throttle body, I could just look for a generic thread-to-barb fitting that could hold a vacuum hose? Am I understanding this right?

Is there any difference between a Z6 throttle body and the D15B VTEC throttle body? The one on my current B7 definitely looks different and has some different vacuum connections. I googled pictures of the Z6, but it's not obvious to me right away.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Okay I did some more research, unless I'm mistaken D16Z6 and D15B have the same throttle body and intake manifold. Sorry, should have looked a little bit harder.

I guess I'll try to find a fitting that works for the throttle body I have... I suppose I could go to the junkyard and look for one too.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts