Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently got a ZC motor after my old D15b died(long story). I've finished up almost the whole swap except a timing check and this problem. I went to connect the line for the Brake booster and the fitting is broken of right at the intake manifold. Is there anyway to get this out without out taking the whole thing off? If that is the only way is there some sort of temporary fix that I can use till I get more time. I need my car back asap since I've been without it for a month now? Any help is appriciated.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
if you have a screw or bolt that is just a little bigger then the broken piece that you can screw down into it then grab a set of vise grips and grab whatever you screwed into the fitting and see if you can pull it loose...

Hope this might help...

·
Shackle me NOT!!!
1995 Honda Ballade
4,692 Posts
4drmadness said:
if you have a screw or bolt that is just a little bigger then the broken piece that you can screw down into it then grab a set of vise grips and grab whatever you screwed into the fitting and see if you can pull it loose...

Hope this might help...
this was the better option, don't let that quick repair become something long term........

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I plan on taking the manifold off and getting it tapped off while the car is down. Then putting a new fitting in.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts