Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
'92 civic, '96 SS
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so heres the problem. I have a 92 civic with the stock d15b7 in it. About a month ago the timing belt broke. I finally got enough time to replace it about a week ago. After i did i cranked the car up and was letting it idle. It ran for about two minutes and died and wouldn't crank back up. So after messing with it for a little while i found it wasn't producing any spark. So my dads friend, who's a mechanic, came and looked it over and after checking the distributor with a voltmeter said it was the ign. module. so i changed it and still nothing. The distributor is only about 2 years old, its what was wrong with the car when i bought it, so i'm now at a loss. any ideas would be a great help.

Also what are the torque settings for the rod bolts on a set of eagle rods?

Thanks Chris

·
Registered
90 DX
32 Posts
Make sure the cap/ rotor is cleaned off or new, and if you switched out the module, try the coil next...

·
Registered
92 civic hatch si
752 Posts
Most times it's cheaper to just replace the whole dizzy as a unit.

·
Registered
435 Posts
was it a oem unit?

·
Registered
'92 civic, '96 SS
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well the cap is clean and i put a new rotor on the same day, i forgot to mention, so idk. i'm going to try using another dizzy i have and if it works i'll just go get another one. the one i'm going to try is for my d16 so i can't just keep it on there

·
Registered
2003 Jeep Rubicon
1,006 Posts
check the lil metal wire connection's on the ing mod. this happen 2 me they were just loose an my car would just shut off. I also had the same problems you had. No spark an a dead ing mod.

·
Registered
435 Posts
are you throwing any cell lights?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts