Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
91 CRX Si
33 Posts
I repaired & reinforced mine twice before I bought a new one and added a hush performance cable to hydro bracket for reinforcement.. repairing my original one lasted a good while each time but its a pain to remove it and fix it every so often.

If you don't have too heavy pressure plate I'd say just repair & reinforce the one you have

·
Registered
CRX ECODiesel Ram
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Exedy sport clutch so not heavy at all. If i can find the bracket in the junk yard it's $25 and my buddy will weld it stronger for free. Probably weld this one up too at the same time for a spare. I have a fresh synchrotec trans with mfactory fd and lsd...

·
Registered
99 Posts
I repaired & reinforced mine twice before I bought a new one and added a hush performance cable to hydro bracket for reinforcement.. repairing my original one lasted a good while each time but its a pain to remove it and fix it every so often.

If you don't have too heavy pressure plate I'd say just repair & reinforce the one you have
Huh, I didn't even consider the pedal bracket to be an issue. I suppose this would be a good preventive maintenance item for stiffer clutches/super high mileage cars.

·
Registered
CRX ECODiesel Ram
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well the two closest pick a parts had nothing so unless i get lucky i get to try and get geometry back in shape and get a buddy to weld the crosspiece back, repair the torn up sheet metal and then add material to get it stronger and better.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts