Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
3,566 Posts
They work.. We use them all the time on Custom Hotrods.... They dont work as well as a factory one however because they are not outside... And if you Hide it under the dash it will work even worse.. Up on the windshield should be ok..

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
as long as it is powered it will work well. i have used the powered ones before and they work great.
werd; i will likely be using an amped antenna on my Sol... if i would of known more about these i would of completely shaved the antenna hole when i painted my car :cussing:

according to one of the other guys that works at the shop kzoobaggs works at, you just can't have metal covering the antenna... so just mount it under some plastic panel (the guy i talked to mounted it in the 3rd brake light housing of his EG coupe) i'm gonna have to get a little creative with mounting on the Sol...

baggs; any brands/etc. you recommend?

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hot damn SOHC ur up to 162 now... damn... i'm gettin hooked on this lil d engine... this is supposed to be my winter beater haha,....

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well i got the antenna installed and i put it in the top vent on my dash in my 93 civic coupe and closed the vent, i find it works just as good as the stock one but i still can't pickup an outside station that others can sometimes... couldn't get it before though either... anyways the local stations come in 100%... and i bought the block off cover on ebay till i get my car repainted and shave the antenna hole! i'm happy with it!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts