Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
95 civic coupe
1,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
"Brian Gillespie crashes his Hasport Hondata Insight at El Mirage dry lakes meet Nov 10th, 2013. The safety equipment worked as designed, and he escaped with relatively minor injuries. The car was the season's points champion. I contacted Brian before this posting and he agreed to YouTube it, later he will be creating something more detailed. Aside from that, I am unable to reply to your comments due to the new procedures that I am unable to figure out"

In words of John Wylie the person who uploaded this video in youtube.

·
ministry of mayhem!
93 honda integra
5,673 Posts
fuck saw that video a couple times and still makes me cringe.

he was lucky.

also the cage was well built.

wonder why the insight went sliding to the right... winds? lift?

·
Premium Member
95 civic coupe
1,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
All i care is he got out ok, and based on the picture bone shared I think he will be out racing again soon. He's the real Og!

·
Premium Member
95 civic coupe
1,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
fuck saw that video a couple times and still makes me cringe.

he was lucky.

also the cage was well built.

wonder why the insight went sliding to the right... winds? lift?
Ed, I noticed that too and got me thinking. Seemed like the wind shifted the car towards the right and caused this accident. He crashed at around 180+mph. whew! I can't imagine how scary that would've been driving the car. Still waiting for the inside camera footage or, "if it ever gets release" :uh:

·
Premium Member
90 crx si/96 accord
788 Posts
Only reason I could watch that is Cuz it was said he was OK..... its unbelievable that someone can live after that wreck

·
Premium Member
95 civic coupe
1,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,252 Posts
From keithg, his brother.....

Brian is back at work today. He looks pretty good except for his bloodshot eyes. Says he feels pretty good except for limited vision in his left eye because of blood pooling. Lots of blood rushed to his head in the accident and that will take awhile to heal and re-absorb. There should be no long term effects. Data says he was doing 178 MPH when he crashed. He never lost consciousness but doesn't remember the accident and wonders why he didn't pull the chute. The in-car cameras were tossed out of the car and completely destroyed. Hondata is still working on getting whatever information they can from the computers that were in the car. Brian's best guess at what happened was the track was too rough for the car.

·
Premium Member
95 civic coupe
1,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,252 Posts
Thanks Bone. Good to hear he is getting back to his routine.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
It will catch up to him, can't keep a stubborn old fart locked up too long though.

I'd ratchet strap his ass to an office chair, Laura (his wife) agrees!

I did share one private thought with Brian, he agreed about his co-pilot.

·
Premium Member
95 civic coupe
1,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
It will catch up to him, can't keep a stubborn old fart locked up too long though.

I'd ratchet strap his ass to an office chair, Laura (his wife) agrees!

I did share one private thought with Brian, he agreed about his co-pilot.
Didn't he just picked another insight again? Haha. What a guy!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts