Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was curious about the holes made on the back bumper: Is it really effective for street race, or do u benefit only on drag? What is exactly the purpose of them holes.

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I was thinkin bout doing that to my buddyclub bumper but never did, the way i understand it, there so air wont get traped back there its like the rear bumper catches air and slows u down kind of how a parachute does

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Anybody got any pics of this on aftermarket bumpers???

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
cool...it looks pretty clean with the aluminum template over it...throw a rear tie down(polished) bar and clean exhaust, and u got a mean lookin back end!

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,252 Posts
spoolinHatch said:
I was curious about the holes made on the back bumper: Is it really effective for street race, or do u benefit only on drag? What is exactly the purpose of them holes.
Worth 3 tenths on my old D15Beast7 setup.

Except I took the easy route........

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,252 Posts
do you really wonder?????????

That Home depot lip is NHRA illegal as it will signal the prestage/stage beams before car is fully set. 22x8x13 slicks will cure this.

Simple? yes,
FAST? Oh SHEOIT!!!!!!!!!

Simple and fast SOHC????????
yes it is nancy boy!!!!!!!

·
Registered
Donkey
742 Posts
Underbody trays and reaf diffusers accomplish this on race cars. If you can get hold of a rear diffuser or can make one, they work well at high speeds (over 160)

My hatch almost floated at thease speeds with the standard suspension and no diffuser, but then i lowered it and made a stainless steel tray for the bumper and now it sticks to the road all the way to 200, which is my max level road speed.

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,252 Posts
dude, he is a beer drinking aussie, that 200 be kph or about 122 MPH in USA.

Where did Hondata Doug get started??????

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
damn ud have to be drunk to get a monda to 200mph

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
transzex said:
dude, he is a beer drinking aussie, that 200 be kph or about 122 MPH in USA.

Where did Hondata Doug get started??????
drunk aussies? haha probably.

but i got some holes cut in my oem rear bar care of a drill bit.
saw it on some drag cars featured on 'street fury' dvds we get here from the US.

i dont know if it does that air thing or, weight maybe or bored? or well i did it and i like it heaps. makes oem look tough i think.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts