Honda D Series Forum banner

Breaking up under any amount of power

1K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  JRPEX96 
#1 ·
So recently boosted a d16y8 and finally past the break in stage with problems. The car recently started to misfire and run like crap but only when giving throttle input (could be 5%-100%) and it breaks up and backfired but isles fine. When it backfires and runs like crap the A/F reads lean like 15-16/1 but I pulled the plugs and they look normal. Really at a loss and not sure what to do. The car will idle perfect which kills me.

#2 ·
What have you tried so far?

What does a normal spark plug look like to you?

#8 ·
Did you buy "high impedance" injectors from a business and they turned out to be bullshit? Or did you just get injectors from a person and didn't even think about the impedance? (Not being an arse, just wanting to know because i got my 650s from a company that isn't name brand and i never checked the ohms before installation. I'm going tuning on Sunday and i don't want a surprise like that. But even with the base map mine runs fine, at idle and boost.)

#7 ·
Oh yeaaaa that's the only thing it will mess up to! When i was doing research on high and low impedance injectors for my d16z6 turbo build i ran into that. The cause is; the cars without a resistor box use high impedance injectors. The injectors are given a certain amount of power from the ecu to pulse and a certain duration. When you just stick in low impedance injectors, they end up causing that bit of the ecu to work way faster with shorter durations which burns it out.... I'm just surprised it took that long to happen..got me scared now and wanting to check the ohms on mine.

#9 ·
No so let me explain from my pain ?. So when you run low impedance Injectors it draws a higher amp rate. The injectors I had we’re pulling 25 amps off the ecu which is waaaay to much. When you add a resistor box it increases the resistance of the circuit so low would be like 3-6 ohms and high is 12-15 I think. Non the less the higher impedance the less amp draw. Most cars today need high impedance injectors. And that’s where I messed up oh well: my motors knocking now it’s all good. Literally can’t win with my build

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.