Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guy. well im having a breaking up issue.

well i know from teh get go. im in the wrong. im running my car untuned and stock. injectors are on their way as well as the fuel pump. the ecu is going out soon to be socketed. and i already have the chip with the tune for my car.

but anyhow. the motors a stock d16z6. with a .57 trim garrett t3/t4
and the car runs great. only problem im getting. is say im cruising on teh highway in 5th att 3k. and im in vaccum. and i go to give it gas. it seems like it falls on its face. like im not stepping on it to build boost. im trying to change lanes or pass someone. ubut the falling on its face is at like 3 psi.. and to get it back i messwith the throttle with my foot and it comes back.. now after this happens. if i come to a stop. my car will surge but be fixed if i click the key off then back on real fast. idk if this is infact a fuel problem. or if its ignition. i cant see it being fuel since im basically in no boost so im not maxxing anything out like the injectors or my pump. my plug gap is at .30 and the plus are ngk R copper core plugs. with a heat setting of 5

·
Registered
civic/golf
187 Posts
Sounds like your car is running too rich, what's your fuel management.

PS> thought you ment with a girlfriend.... lol.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
lol. nah she left me. im too into my civic.

like i said tho. the car is stock. everythings stock. but as far as fuel management. i cant see it being that. since im not in boost. or just starting to spool... but when im st a stop. i can rip on the car hard with no problems.. it seems to be if its humming in moderate rpms for awhile. then i try to accelerate.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
any other suggestions before i head to bed?

·
formerly Kit88
ek hatch
6,233 Posts
I think you are going lean in boost.

Do not move your car without a tuning !!!

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think you are going lean in boost.

Do not move your car without a tuning !!!
well i must get to work. but if i blow it up. i ahve a spare motor. and itll give me a day off from work :p

but seriously. thanks. so you think the falling on its face is a lean condition. well i guess the tune must come sooner then i hoped for..

YAY for not paying other bills :p

·
Registered
'02 Civic LX Coupe
609 Posts
Just when driving to and from work try to always drive like a grandmother and keeping it out of boost totally will help prevent catastrophic failure of your engine. I'm sure you already know that though, just thought i'd share.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Do you even have an FMU or a AFC to adjust things?
no. all of this is coming later.

and i know to stay ouyt of boost. but theres times when big rigs ignor me and other douch cocks cut me off.

the only thing im waiting on is my injectors and my ecu to be socketed.. but it looks like im gonna have to rush things up a bit. i have my chip with my tune already on it. but no socketed ecu. im trying to find a diy kit... which i spotted on teh forums here. but cant seem to find it again.. so ive been spending the last 20 mins hunting that down. and i can have my car tuned. i know having the car boosted stock is pretty retareted. but when i have an entire setup ion my room. i jsut had to put it on :p

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
first of all.... stupid idea. second of all u cant have a chip with your tune on it. unless it has been on a dyno with all of your mods specifically on your car. 3rd of all..... here is the link for the DIY. DO IT NOW!!

im done my tiny rant.

http://www.d-series.org/forums/showthread.php?t=87320

·
racist-bigot-sexist-homophob
11,892 Posts
The breaking up is your engines cockmonger alarm going off saying...."what a minute fuckstick....ihazb00st...canihazinjectursandt00ning???"

Seriously dude, take the BOV OFF the car for the time being before you fuck your motor up.

Reactions: Boosted-EH-804

·
Registered
818 Posts
massive no no....your car doesnt move because it doesnt have a fuel map for boost....

·
Hi hater!
12,548 Posts
Sounds like your car is running too rich, what's your fuel management.

PS> thought you ment with a girlfriend.... lol.
Now you sir should give no more advice until you learn a tad bit more :hammer:

Like everyone else said your a tard your map sensor on the stock ecu cant see positive pressure thats wheer the surge is coming from. And the fact that you are running the car on not even a basemap why did you put the turbo on. Thats some ricer shit get some injectors and read up on what else you need to do damn you people trip me out with this shit "it was only 3 psi"

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
ok guys i got the point. i know the car wouldnt respond well to boost. it jsut didnt do this instantley. but anyhow. heres an update

255 fuel pump. ordered
DIY ecu chipping kit Ordered
550cc FC injectors. pending. waiting for direct deposit tonight.

and as for the adjustable fpr.. i do have one.

Reactions: EJ1 SCRAPPIN

·
Registered
honda/firebird form.
6,966 Posts
do you know how to solder??? do you know how to do it..?? you can fuck up your ecu pretty easily...

also, you dont need an adjustable FPR.

you should buy a complete ecu from phearable.net with a basemap already, or from xenocrone....

seems as if you know nothing about turboing a honda

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
yes. i do know p[lenty about turboing. no ive never done it on a honda. the mechanics are similar tho. and yes i can soldier. and yes ive socketed ecu's before. i used to be in the dsm scene for years. the only reason im in the situation im in. is that i ahd the money to build the car. but i was in an accident (motorcycle) and my bank got sucked dry. so im basically building myself back out of the hole with bills. while getting ym car in a reliable state as well. ill get there. but finding the stuff to mess with hondas in the ecu field. was oddly enough somewhat hard to find. till i found this forum.. like i said this place has more info in it then i could imagine. so just give me time guys. and my car will be where i want it to be... done right. :)

on a side note. i picked myself up a resistor box today and found some 650 cc dsm injectors. so im basically there. i need to wait for my socketing kit to arrive. and ill get my ecu on its way. and if i do mess up. i have 4 more p28's and after i am tuned. ill probably socket those ones and sell them here foryour guys convience at a cheap price... but thats not this topic of discussion nor the place to do so.

Rich

1 - 20 of 34 Posts