Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Neighborhood Asshole is Back!
02 BMW; 00 Civic EX
1,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. Im in need of getting my brakes done on my 00 civic ex. My question to everyone here is... is it worth it to do brake upgrades (rotors, pads, ect.) if you arent doin the full big brake upgrade but plan to do it in the future. I was thinkin of just using some decent pads until i can get the whole big brake kit but i dunno if it is even worth it. Also what does everyone recommend and use as far as pads, rotors, ect. Thanks for the help!

·
ridin on rotas
1,980 Posts
I've been riding on autozone brand slotted/drilled rotors for over two years. I wouldn't do a big brake kit. they're virtually worthless unless you have over 250-300 whp, but even then they're not necessary unless you need to make some 120 mph + stops.

you also have to run at least 17's.

you'd be better off investing the money into a rear disc brake conversion.

otherwise, just replace your rotors (if they need to be) and get new pads.

·
02 BMW; 00 Civic EX
1,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
^^ thanks for the comment. I got 17's on the car right now so im ok from that aspect. Come next summer this car is gonna be retired into a weekend only show car with everything done to it so 250-300 whp may be conceivable.... but im not gettin the big brake any time soon even if i do. How much does the rear disc conversion usually run??

·
CR-Vtakin
your mom
11,459 Posts
you can get the brembo blank rotors for around $28 a rotor. it is not a bad idea to get some if you will not be upgrading for awhile. get good rotors and good pads. it is possibly your rotors might be ok to turn so that you have a good flat surface to work with for the time being.

I am running 94 front and rear gsr discs on my hatch and it is more than enough braking power for me. I have brembo blanks and semi metallic pads with good wilwood high temp fluid. my brakes haul my car down really quick.

·
02 BMW; 00 Civic EX
1,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Im going to have the 17's on all year only because as soon as i can find a suitable 92-95 hatchback ... this car will only be out in good weather.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts