Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok i just bought a 93 si with a cursed b18b and GSR trans.
The car drives great but the brake pedal doesnt seem to want to hold any pressure. I am not really sure what this means.

As alway help is appriciated and rep'd

Thanks

·
Registered
999 Posts
no you dont need stainless lines....

bleed the brakes, might as well get some decent fluid while your at it. then i would check for leaks at the lines

·
It's that time again
MAIN ONE IZ A CIVCSI
5,369 Posts

bleed the brakes, might as well get some decent fluid while your at it. then i would check for leaks at the lines
x2 also clean the lil screen in the m/cyl. bleed each side till fluid comes threw clear(color of fluid you bought). Make sure you get the big bottle of brake fluid.

·
Registered
809 Posts

x3..do this and maybe open your calipers and compress the pistons..i've done that on cars where the pedal sucked as well as bleeding the lines and it helps....the 93 si's have rear discs?

·
Registered
13 Posts
I'm just saying, if he bleeds the brakes and discovers some dry rot or cracked lines, might as well replace them with stainless. Makes a huge difference in pedal feel.

·
Registered
Honda Civic
2,261 Posts
I have the same issue...
I'll be on a slight hill..holding my brake...it keeps pushing down..(to keep me stopped)
then before you know it..its at the floor...

great fluid,new brakes,new rotors, brakes are great

I never have to fill my reservoir...been over a year or so..

could be need to bleed brakes...but its a good question

·
Registered
121 Posts
Best way to bleed brakes is to take the m/c res cap off and pump the brakes. The air will purge out of the lines with a good amount of pumps unill the peddle is alittle resistent. Reinstall the cap and do MOC ( Mainanance Operation Check ). Trust me it will work I have done it on every brake change and success.

·
Registered
3,178 Posts
Best way to bleed brakes is to take the m/c res cap off and pump the brakes. The air will purge out of the lines with a good amount of pumps unill the peddle is alittle resistent. Reinstall the cap and do MOC ( Mainanance Operation Check ). Trust me it will work I have done it on every brake change and success.
u don't bleed at the brake nipples?

:werd:

·
Classic Man
Civic
16,355 Posts
I have the same issue...
I'll be on a slight hill..holding my brake...it keeps pushing down..(to keep me stopped)
then before you know it..its at the floor...

great fluid,new brakes,new rotors, brakes are great

I never have to fill my reservoir...been over a year or so..

could be need to bleed brakes...but its a good question

failing a bleed, it is your MC for sure. i had the EXACT same issue. got a used MC for $10 and made sure when i bench bleed/bleed it i didnt bottom it out
(if you can get a new one for decently cheap its a way better idea)

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
as already stated:
bleed brakes thoroughly.

if that doesn't improve the situation, look into replacing your master cylinder. It's just a piston that builds compression. The internal seals eventually fail on all master cylinders (rubber) and you lose *compression* like having worn out piston rings.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts