Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
801 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have looked around a bit and I think I might have the answer but I want to confirm with people who know what they are talking about :D

94-01 integ knuckles are the same as the 10.3 ex eg knuckles?

I have 10.3 calipers and a 15/16 MC/BB. Can i use DC knuckles and the rest of the parts i have laying around here? or would i need to get different calipers?

also, integras? they are all bigger brakes, does abs or non abs matter with them? I know I can use Civic EX abs knuckles and just not hook up abs, does this work the same with the integras?

·
The Great Weldini
91 civic
8,901 Posts
fuck all that dumd shit. here's what i'm doing i just picked up a set of new calipers today and waiting on a new sets of front stainless steel line cause my driver side got pich by the idiots that did my camber kit install/alignment.

brakes big upgrade

90-91 VW Corrabo 11" rotors - $80 for a set
93 Acura Integra brake calipers - $60 for a set($44 core for set)
Fastbrake bracket kit - $160
Axxis integra brake pads - $45
Stainless Steel brake lines - $90(w/rear drums)

total $435

·
Registered
801 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
to be safe i'm grabbing teg calipers as well. i'll update if the ex ones will fit. least that way i'm covered if i get everything just to find out i'm short more pieces.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Knuckles will fit but castor is different. EX calipers will fit but may need some filing. Teggy calipers fit perfectly.

But why not go to the 11" kit from Brian at FasBrakes? He's done all the guess work for you and overall it will be cheaper than if you piece it all together yourself.

·
Registered
801 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Knuckles will fit but castor is different. EX calipers will fit but may need some filing. Teggy calipers fit perfectly.

But why not go to the 11" kit from Brian at FasBrakes? He's done all the guess work for you and overall it will be cheaper than if you piece it all together yourself.
define cheaper?

got calipers, rotors, knuckles, and lca's for 100 bucks.

EDIT: looked it up, good price, but i need to budget my funds for some other stuff as well.

·
The Great Weldini
91 civic
8,901 Posts
define cheaper?

got calipers, rotors, knuckles, and lca's for 100 bucks.

EDIT: looked it up, good price, but i need to budget my funds for some other stuff as well.
well don't forget a camber kit $150+, 4 wheel alingment $100 and labour $150(i paid it to not stress about doing any damage while driving to alingment), new tyres $450, wait, wait... but there's more.. so where do you think you're trying to save money?

·
Registered
801 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
alignment i can get done on the house, bonus of fixing computers and doing some bartering.

didn't think i would need a camber kit. From what i was reading the knuckles should be the same as ex knuckles. The other reason for doing the upgrade is that i need knuckles. I just refreshed my tires (and they are 15's so brakes will clear).

looking at it, if i wasn't doing the knuckles the kit you showed is a good way to go. However since I need to change them anyway, just may as well do the integ swap.

·
Registered
86 MR2
1,401 Posts
LMAO I went the same route on front brakes as remo but ghetto setup,
front "type-r" calipers-20 w/all hardware & hoses
spent like 3 hours grinding down the inside of the caliper brackets
new teggy rotors-40
posi-quiet semi met. pads-40
poor man's type r kit for 100
rear gsr disk 150
posi quiet 30
total for brake upgrade less than 300
:bigok:

·
Registered
801 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ok update...
found proper knuckles...sucked it up and am going to order the brake kit to...yes take the guesswork out of what i need to do...and finding knuckles for my car around here sucked...by the time i got bigger everything the price dif was negligible (plenty of dx knuckles to be had).

now however i have a new dilemma, i have a 15/16 master cylinder from a 91 ex, I have access to the 7/8 cyl from an ex...and of course i have my stock dx 13....

what booster is optimal to pair up. initially i was going to pull the ls teg setup, but i was going to try to reuse my original lines first.

any suggestions, majestic seems to implicate most boosters are the same on the eg years minus the abs one...and the dohc del sol uses a different one as well. not sure which one i should be sourcing or if my normal one will be fine. Most info i have found seems to expect you to have done the rear disk, however I am not looking at doing that in the immediate future (this originated from a knuckle swap, and 80% of our braking is done in the front anyway)

·
Registered
765 Posts
ok update...
found proper knuckles...sucked it up and am going to order the brake kit to...yes take the guesswork out of what i need to do...and finding knuckles for my car around here sucked...by the time i got bigger everything the price dif was negligible (plenty of dx knuckles to be had).

now however i have a new dilemma, i have a 15/16 master cylinder from a 91 ex, I have access to the 7/8 cyl from an ex...and of course i have my stock dx 13....

what booster is optimal to pair up. initially i was going to pull the ls teg setup, but i was going to try to reuse my original lines first.

any suggestions, majestic seems to implicate most boosters are the same on the eg years minus the abs one...and the dohc del sol uses a different one as well. not sure which one i should be sourcing or if my normal one will be fine. Most info i have found seems to expect you to have done the rear disk, however I am not looking at doing that in the immediate future (this originated from a knuckle swap, and 80% of our braking is done in the front anyway)
15/16" MC from the 91 EX will fit perfectly with the stock booster on a 92-95 Civic. There is absolutely no reason to change the booster or the proportioning valve. If you use a 7/8" MC you will have a very low pedal and in some cases may need to even pump the brakes to get them to work correctly.

I applaud you for going with the FastBrakes kit! Brakes are not to be done half assed, I've seen too many wrecked vehicles because of used brake swap parts failing.

Keep us posted on how the swap goes and take lots of pictures! You're going to definitely like the way the car stops with the new kit.

·
Registered
3,314 Posts
ALL 94-01 Integra's w/ABS including Type-R use knuckle p/n's 51210-SR3-N10 and 51215-SR3-N10. These are the same p/n's for 92-95 Civic's w/ABS(some models in 94-95 had ABS parts without ABS). For the Integra RS and Civic Ex w/o ABS the knuckle p/n's are 51210-SR3-N00 and 51215-SR3-N00, these are physically the same as size and shape as the other knuckles just without the holes drilled for the ABS speed sensor.

For a good upgrade for the rear use 02-06 Civic Si(EP3) caliper bracket mounts, 02-05 EP3/RSX brake pads, stock Civic/Integra rear calipers, and 02-05 EP3 rear rotors.

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,292 Posts
ALL 94-01 Integra's w/ABS including Type-R use knuckle p/n's 51210-SR3-N10 and 51215-SR3-N10. These are the same p/n's for 92-95 Civic's w/ABS(some models in 94-95 had ABS parts without ABS). For the Integra RS and Civic Ex w/o ABS the knuckle p/n's are 51210-SR3-N00 and 51215-SR3-N00, these are physically the same as size and shape as the other knuckles just without the holes drilled for the ABS speed sensor.

For a good upgrade for the rear use 02-06 Civic Si(EP3) caliper bracket mounts, 02-05 EP3/RSX brake pads, stock Civic/Integra rear calipers, and 02-05 EP3 rear rotors.
priceless.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts