Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
96 Honda Civic
985 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 93 honda civic and I just put new rotors on it but the rotors are to big! Is there a difference between the 93 cope and sedan brake calipers? The front ones? What civic can I snatch the brake calipers off of in order for the rotors to work? :pinch:

·
Registered
94 civic, 90 talon
1,943 Posts
Well since we are on the subject, and I've never really seen upgraded brakes, other then like a Brembo kit. What can you do to make brakes stop you better, I know ceramic pads with rotors that match help with the coefficient of friction. But what about better calipers, would a different master cylinder and booster help at all, or would that just change the pressure when the pedal is applied? Is it possible to swap nsx calipers with out changing the knuckles?

·
Registered
94 civic, 90 talon
1,943 Posts
Are the only fixed calipers for our cars the big brake up grades? Or are there known alternatives? I want the feel of how my buddies sti brakes haha, im just a little confused on what part of the braking system gives a car a hard stop. I know ceramic pads help, but im sure my rotors will just get tore up from the material, unless the rotor is matched for ceramic pads. How would a multi piston caliper help? I know its morr efficient because of the surface area, is it that because there are two smaller pistons the force gets increased because of how the hydrolic system works?

·
Registered
14 Posts
brakes only work as good as your tires.

and you don't need to change the knuckle. the nsx caliper is the same size as type-r, legend, and v6 accord(97-98). the difference's is that the nsx is aluminum, and the nsx caliper and legend caliper are two piston. the accord and type r are one piston.

look here for more info(sorry if its taboo to talk about it)
CRX & Civic FAQ Version 2.0 - Honda-Tech

·
my dd has 1800 ftlbs of torque
peterbilt
3,890 Posts
i just put 96-00 ex/si brakes/knuckles on the front of my ed3 it made a hell of a difference

·
my dd has 1800 ftlbs of torque
peterbilt
3,890 Posts
Well since we are on the subject, and I've never really seen upgraded brakes, other then like a Brembo kit. What can you do to make brakes stop you better, I know ceramic pads with rotors that match help with the coefficient of friction. But what about better calipers, would a different master cylinder and booster help at all, or would that just change the pressure when the pedal is applied? Is it possible to swap nsx calipers with out changing the knuckles?
cl type s calipers on ex knuckles with spacers

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,249 Posts
why do you have to change the knuckle i can understand the caltper and caliper bracket but why the knuckle
because where the bracket mount to is in a different location.

I'm running the 90-91 EX larger calipers on 6g DX knuckles and rotor, kept the EX brackets.

LOTS of brake knowledge has NOT been shared, Brian "hastycakes" Hasty of Fastbrakes.com is an OG Hybrid member.

·
Registered
89 ed
476 Posts
I have a 91 ex auto at the other wrecking yard, has the big brake front end, i can take pics if any are needed, i really need to get over there and pull em off since it is free for me, god i love working at a wrecking yard, has the big MC on it to, actually i'd love to get the a6 out of it too, and the DOHC A1 w/5spd out of the 88 integra they have sitting there, never enough time or money

1 - 12 of 12 Posts