1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
'92 CX Twincharged D
750 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is this for real?

Does this really work for our cars?

I usually bleed all my brakes on my cars once a year.

Saw this on egay:
Brake Fluid Recirculator for Civic STI s14 S15 EVO | eBay

Then saw this:
Compbrake Brake Fluid Recirculator CMB0144 | eBay
BRAKE FLUID RECIRCULATOR

Quote from add:
This unique professional unit as used and supplied to many racing teams and stage rally competitors.

* Constantly recirculates the brake fluid,

"Keeps it cool"

with every pump of the pedal.

* Allows trapped air bubbles to constantly evacuate the brake system.

* Eliminates localised fluid boiling.

* Keeps a firm responsive pedal.

* Compbrake fluid recirculators will work in any brake system.

If it does work, how?

I do not see any obvious valves

·
\/Your Mom Was Here\/
Vibe GT
4,832 Posts
Like a band aid for a gunshot. To properly cool brakes it would be better running some ducting to the front valance to the rotors/backing plate. Also changing the fluid would help, brake fluid absorbs water and will boil first.

·
Premium Member
2005 Legacy GT
1,754 Posts
Look everyone ... it's a thing with holes. It makes everything super special and advanced. Better than other things with holes. Better hole technology than the other guy. Same hole technology as sucessful race team (but we won't tell you who).

ERRRMAAAAGERRRRDDDD HEERRRRRRLLLLLSSSSSS!

Side note ... this is directed at the ebay ads not you 92CXyD

·
Premium Member
'92 CX Twincharged D
750 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Look everyone ... it's a thing with holes. It makes everything super special and advanced. Better than other things with holes. Better hole technology than the other guy. Same hole technology as sucessful race team (but we won't tell you who).

ERRRMAAAAGERRRRDDDD HEERRRRRRLLLLLSSSSSS!

Side note ... this is directed at the ebay ads not you 92CXyD
Thanks for the response I was wondered if this shit really work or another electric turbo BS, looks like the case.

Maybe buy the cheap one to see what it really has in it. :/

·
\/Your Mom Was Here\/
Vibe GT
4,832 Posts
they do use a brake recirculating system on race cars, I don't know if it setup like this though. The idea is that every time you pump the pedal it moves fluid through the caliper and back up the lines to the master, thus cooling is down by being away from the hot rotor. It could possibly help if you haven't already put ducting and other methods to cool down the rotors. But for 99.9% of people they won't need anything like this, adds more lines and failure points to the whole system.

·
Premium Member
2005 Legacy GT
1,754 Posts
they do use a brake recirculating system on race cars, I don't know if it setup like this though. The idea is that every time you pump the pedal it moves fluid through the caliper and back up the lines to the master, thus cooling is down by being away from the hot rotor. It could possibly help if you haven't already put ducting and other methods to cool down the rotors. But for 99.9% of people they won't need anything like this, adds more lines and failure points to the whole system.
Oohhh. Now the HEERRRRRRLLLLLS make sense. Still it seems like there would be better solutions ... as you pointed out.

·
\/Your Mom Was Here\/
Vibe GT
4,832 Posts

·
Premium Member
'92 CX Twincharged D
750 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You remove the bleeder screws and add some more flexlines and the the bleed point for both fronts is this new valve installed.

Page 170 if it doesn't put you there automatically.

Brake Systems: OEM & Racing Brake Technology - Mike Mavrigian, Larry W. Carley - Google Books
Still curious about these, checking out this video explanation:
Sure Stop 1 and LC/SB Brake Fluid Recirculators by DPI Performance Racing Products - YouTube

Do you use one for each brake circuit?

Or do you tie both front caliper bleeder to one valve and then which line of the master cylinder do you use?

I want to experiment with this.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts