Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1994 Honda Civic CX
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My ride is a 94 cx with a d16z6 and I am gonna put on my bros AEM big brake rotors. But the problem is that my cx brake calipers are not as big as the ex. So can i still put them on by just changing the brake calipers to ex calipers? Or do I have to change my whole suspension to the ex suspension? thank you

·
Registered
229 Posts
The EX knuckles have a bigger bearing area, but I'm 90% sure the caliper brackets will still bolt up to either the EX or CX knuckles. You will definitely need the caliper bracket, the part that bolts directly to the knuckle with two 17mm bolts. I can double check to make sure, but I won't be able to do that until the first weekend in Feb.

·
Registered
229 Posts
The caliper brackets do bolt up to the knuckle, but I was not able to measure the offset of the caliper mount ears on the knuckles relative to bearing centerline. There didn't seem to be much difference in the bracket dimensions, so the extra spacing is probably coming from those ears. Go on the safe side and get the ex knuckles. Shouldn't cost that much from a yard. I got my spares for $15.

·
Registered
1994 Honda Civic CX
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
cool. thanks for all this info you guys.. thanks a lot.. now i know what to get.. thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts