Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi i'm a newbie here and i can't seem to find any info on eliminating or reducing bov and wastegate noise. i'm planning on getting a go-autoworks turbo kit in the near future and i'm getting everything sort of planned out before i do it. if any one knows how to do this please tell me how. thank you!

·
Registered
517 Posts
most of them have a "harder----softer" option...

you can turn it to where you like(for sound) when it releases.

·
Administrator
93 cx hatch
16,376 Posts
run the dumptube into the exhaust or downpipe or whatever... you could always run a dsm bov.... theyre the quietest ive heard in person.... and you could also mount it in a stock airbox or something along those lines

·
Registered
517 Posts

·
Registered
4,732 Posts
any type rs bov can be recirc just like the dsm easy, they look just like the dsm bov. the bov i have now is super quiet. ALL you can hear is the air movement no whistle or nothing. lil push type ebay bov.

·
Registered
95 civic ex coupe
3,862 Posts
any type rs bov can be recirc just like the dsm easy, they look just like the dsm bov. the bov i have now is super quiet. ALL you can hear is the air movement no whistle or nothing. lil push type ebay bov.
and the type rs bov by greddy is tons quiter then the type s bov trust me...

i fucking hate my type s bov at part throttle its always going off.. but if i tighten it, i get turbine flutter and mean like a half turn its pretty annoying... lol

i was gonna get the turbo xs rfl because thats only loud at wot but idk

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i prefer it quiet so people don't notice it. because i drove my cousin's evo and its so loud even when you slightly let off the throttle. it does sound cool but thats not me, not into the flashy and loud stuff

·
insert user title here
domestic.
3,014 Posts
yeah, just run a hose from your bov discharge into you intake or turbo inducer, thats a recirc system.

run your dumptube into your downpipe. rule of thumb is 18" and go with the flow

·
Hi hater!
12,548 Posts
i prefer it quiet so people don't notice it. because i drove my cousin's evo and its so loud even when you slightly let off the throttle. it does sound cool but thats not me, not into the flashy and loud stuff
your comparing apples to oranges my HKS was only loud when I was getting on the car other than that all you could hear was air being pushed.........And trust me if your getting on your car people will notice regardless......

·
Registered
EJ6
1,169 Posts
I think recirculating your bov and wastegate is the answer...

but I love the sound of an open wastegate... maybe more than a bov?

·
Registered
1990 civic 4 door LX
2,121 Posts
Sseing as how my dsm's always pop off I would recirc it based on the simple fact of "don't waste it"

And I run open wastegates. Ya its loud but my doesn't crack till 7psi so what's the point of quieting it down. Run the exhaust quiet

·
Registered
95 civic ex coupe
3,862 Posts
Sseing as how my dsm's always pop off I would recirc it based on the simple fact of "don't waste it"

And I run open wastegates. Ya its loud but my doesn't crack till 7psi so what's the point of quieting it down. Run the exhaust quiet
i run 2 1/4 from the turbo, to the back of my car, no resonator no muffler nothing...

and i have an open wastegate i love the way the car sounds at wot :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts