Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is it ok it i t'd the vac line that used to be for the cruise controll and also have my waste gate on that line? i have a 1 way valve where air flow flows towards wastegate but wont let see vac. look at pic below

Attachments

·
Registered
4,732 Posts
doubt thats gonna work...my BOV wouldnt work T into the FPR....Now i have the bov at the intakemanifold where egr used to be. works great. and turbo to the wastgate.

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Rick what is the best place?

well wen i rev the motor i can feel the bov go cant hear it tho cause no load and open dp...

when i drive i cant hear the bov, prolly due to open dp.

its a ssqv one

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i also vent the pcv valve to atmosphere right now is this correct til i get a catch can and line it to the pre turbo intake? same with valve cover breather right?

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
what? i do not have a catch can yet. im only venting the pcv right now.... i assume thats what CC is...

·
Registered
4,732 Posts
you need to take that nipple that sticks off your intake mani that was used for the pcv valve....and connect your bov to that, and wastegate....or run a line off the turbo to the wastegate.

·
Registered
4,732 Posts
excuse all the circles...check out the GREY circle with the greenish dots....that nipple..thats what ya should use for bov/wg.

[/url][/IMG]

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
excuse all the circles...check out the GREY circle with the greenish dots....that nipple..thats what ya should use for bov/wg.

[/url][/IMG]
my throttle body is different then urs i have a b18 tb and it dont have that nipple at the top. the pcv valve nipple on the manifold is too big for the blow off valve vac line.

edit: ok i saw the green dotted one after i posted... still the vac line is too small to fit that...

·
Registered
4,732 Posts
Id get biggre vac line. thats the size i run...the nipple was a hair bigger than the line...but make it fit over. ever since i did that...my bov has been blown loud..and no turbo surge. if ya think about it...its justl ike a turbo.....smaller line takes more air to do the same thing.

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
true.. last turbo setup i had bov t'd off the fpr cause it was internal wastegate on turbo so i didnt have to worry bout vac line for that. and it didnt even go off. this one t'd with wg it goes off cause i can feel the air. does anyone know the size fitting that fits in the compressor? cause im external wg now too

·
Registered
4,732 Posts
one t'd with wg it goes off cause i can feel the air.

wooord....but Just because it opens some and lets some air out. doesnt mean its working properly. it will still cause the turbo to surge..make that sexy chchchchch sound or w/e. which ruins turbo life.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts