Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a greddy turbo kit. for a 00 civic. I was just wondering for the time being if i do not add an intercooler and decide to put my BOV on @ 6psi if you would hear it? Does an intercooler have to be present to run a BOV? Does an intercooler make it louder? thanks alot

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
..why does everyone want thier BOVs to be loud? Geez, that's obnoxious.

But to answer your questions, no, an intercooler has no effect on the volume of your BOV. Volume is dependent on air flow. More boost, more sound. The defining characteristic of BOV volume is the design of the BOV itself. Generally, aftermarket ones are louder. Some are adjustable. Stock ones are made for production, not performance. Which means they normally route back into the charge with a bit piping as to not discharge into open air.

..I don't know how long you've had a turbo, but I'll just let you know that years ago, I wanted a loud BOV also. I was obsessed with the sound, but now I cna't stand it. It's obnoxious. You should really open your exhaust piping diameter and get better flow there so you can hear your turbo spool.... now *THAT* is a sound you'll never tire of. :D

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Now that is something I can agree with....The bov can get to you aftear awhile. I havent had mine that long but I can just tell aftear awhile that will prob get to me....Now the turbo spooling up...Got to love that. I dont c myself every getting tired of that sound.The only one good thing about a lound bov is prob just to piss people off when you get beside them make it go off. Besides this I would much rather hear my turbo spool up. Just my .02

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yea i cant wait to get mine all put on...once this snow melts :evil: ...but thas sweet...so you hear your turbo out of your exhaust not from the engine correct? I sure hope mine sounds good. thanks guys.

O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
for 6psi your fine w/o a bov and fmic. but if tyou want 7psi or more, then you need to move to a bov and fmic.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i want a BOV for right now. But i do not have money for an intercooler. But i wanna make sure all my homies can hear my BOV this spring so they know what im sporting....or it will be a waste to buy it. Im a little crazy over sound. Sound and speed is everything to me. Another quick ?

When i decide to up the boost should i just use a profec- b controller or soemthing else....$500 for that LCD eo1 controller. Will i need to get bigger injectors. it comes with 310cc. ( i only wanna run like 7-8 psi max for this summer? I just want the cheapest safest way to manage my boost and full. thanks any help!!!

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sure.. instlal the BOV, there will be no harm in it. Might sound like cow dying of infazima at only 6psi, but they'll probably hear it (if it's an aftermarket one designed for sound amplification).

As for your intercooler situation, I'll finally agree with oscarmeyer (;)) that you should get some sort of cooling system. Be it an intercooler, or water/alcohol injection system (some people don't want to reroute piping after they already get thier system installed).

For boost, 310cc should support it 8psi.. but that is about it. They're reaching close to 90% duty cycle at that range.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
alrite sounds good? What else will i have to run beside a boost controler and emanage to up hte boost to 8psi? I want it to run safely

1 - 8 of 8 Posts