Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
formerly Kit88
ek hatch
6,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just realize yesterday, that my BOV at idle is opening and closing.

It is a vacuum leak or boost leak ?????

What do I have to check to fix this up??

also the idle is up and down, from 800-900 rpm,

·
formerly Kit88
ek hatch
6,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
bump

·
formerly Kit88
ek hatch
6,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What kinda bov? Is it set to soft maybe?
Is a Tial BOV, I don´t know if it could be set .

idle would cause that. hold down the throttle and see if it closes with some pressure
When I press the gass the valve close, then maybe is normal, but I never realize of this.

·
Registered
honda/firebird form.
6,966 Posts
well has your idle ever been up and down?? if not, its a vacume leak most likely the vac. line going to the BOV.. mine stays open a tiny bit at idle, when you give it gas it closes.. if its open alot at idle, you may have to stiffen it up a little, in which i added some washers in mine... but it is OK to have it open during idle as long and it closes fully during boost... you can do a boost leak test to find this out..

·
Registered
See above...
13,322 Posts
Yeah, I heard that @ idle most BOVs can fluctuate between the open and closed state. Do you have idle problems? If it's not causing driveability issues, why mess with it?

·
formerly Kit88
ek hatch
6,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I wont change anything, if this is normal, thanks guys.

·
Registered
honda/firebird form.
6,966 Posts
yes, its normal to have a bov open at idle.. but its not normal to have it leak.... like i said, do a boost leak test to verify... if you have a boost leak, you could still be hitting your desired boost level, but your turbo will be boosting more then it should, causing turbo lag.. your wastegate will be opening and closing rather then just staying open, due to the boost leak, therefore your turbo will keep spooling due to the leak...

hard to explain, but yeah, i would just do a boost leak test to verify its staying closed fully during boost

1 - 11 of 11 Posts