Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
i save your ass when you wreck
94 hatchback cx
6,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
one day i started my car and it had a bouncy idle.. i thought no biggy. iacv needs to be cleaned. cleaned it.. still nothing..tried adjusting my tps.. still nothing.. maybe my map sensor or tps sensor went out? its a brand new omni... idk? any ideas?

·
94 hatchback cx
6,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
comp could have something to do with it??? if so i hope thats not the reason lol...

·
Registered
353 Posts
there's another idle control for when your engine's cold on the underside of the throttle body. It's got coolant hoses going to and from it. Pop that sucker off and open it up, there's a metal plate on one end I believe. Once you get it off there's a big white cap in there. Twist that down until it's tight. That should take care of it if you've already checked for vacuum leaks and cleaned out your IACV. Oh! and if it still idles high after you take care of that cold idle bounce, try adjusting the idle adjustment screw in a few turns.

·
94 hatchback cx
6,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
idle adjustment screw is in all the way.ill check that other part tmw..ive checked for vaccum leaks.. none that i can find. i even sprayed some starting fluid all around my motor and idle never went up

·
94 hatchback cx
6,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ok.. cleaned the lil thing on the underside of the tb that coolant goes through..also re cleaned my iacv and tried adjusting my tps again.. still bouncing.. im guessing maybe my ECU is going out?

·
94 hatchback cx
6,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
on that link it also says IDLE MAY CHANGE

·
Registered
58 Posts
take your intake off so you just have the TB there will be 2 holes on the left tords fire wall put your finger over the lower one if that stops the prob then its that thing under TB..I did this n found it to be the prob. cleand it n all but didnt work had to buy a new one n that fixed it..Good Luck

·
Registered
596 Posts
wow everybody is having idling problems now days lol we should make a club!

Idling Civic Member

#1.civiclx99
#2.H2Bcivic

sorry to hear that i feel your pain i been dealing with this shit for like 2 weeks now

1 - 12 of 12 Posts