Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
wasup guys, im in the process of collecting parts for my d16 build. i bought a edlebrock performerx a little while ago off h-t, i asked the seller if it would work on a z6 he said yes. well today i went to mock up everything on my old block and noticed my aem fuel rail bolt holes don't line up with studs on the i.m.. But they line up on the stock z6 i.m. also there is no spot on the perfomerx i.m. for the intake air temp. sensor. turns out the i.m. is for a 96-00 d16y8/y7 civic. any of you guys figured out a way to make it work on a z6? ...or am i shit outta luck?

·
Registered
2,992 Posts
wasup guys, im in the process of collecting parts for my d16 build. i bought a edlebrock performerx a little while ago off h-t, i asked the seller if it would work on a z6 he said yes. well today i went to mock up everything on my old block and noticed my aem fuel rail bolt holes don't line up with studs on the i.m.. But they line up on the stock z6 i.m. also there is no spot on the perfomerx i.m. for the intake air temp. sensor. turns out the i.m. is for a 96-00 d16y8/y7 civic. any of you guys figured out a way to make it work on a z6? ...or am i shit outta luck?
Simple sell it you me cheap!

·
Registered
91 CRX Si
4,454 Posts
Get an appropriate fuel rail? You could always drill a spot for the IAT I guess. Idk man.

·
Registered
90 CRX
1,054 Posts
Your AEM fuel rail should be a universal mount that will work with the three stud style or the two stud style fuel rails that the civics have. Well, the one I helped install recently did.

You can find a flat spot big enough to mount the IAT sensor. Drill the center hole. Mark the screw holes, drill two 5/32 holes and tap them with a 10/32 tap. Can be found locally and are light on the wallet. Presto, like magic you have an intake that will work.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
lol
thanks for the quick reply guys
true i can relocate the IAT sensor to the cold side i.c. piping (before the t.b. i guess?). as for the fuel rail, would i run into any other problems using a y8 aem fuel rail on a z6 setup?
i really don't want to sell the manifold as they are pretty hard to find. (atleast for me it was)

·
Registered
97 civic lx
967 Posts
Or move the IAT to the intake. All you really need is some simple cut and splice knowledge and the plug from a salvage yard or something. It's really no big deal, seeing as the fuel rail will be cheaper than a manifold. An aem fuel rail is just for show, anyway.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
crxdonwon- i messed with it for like 10 min just to make sure there was no other way for the fuel to fit. i think it did have 4 holes, one being elongated (might have made that word up) so the position adjusted a little. non of the holes line up with the studs tho.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
baajaa -yea im in the process of extending wires atm for the engine harness wire tuck. i was mocking everthing up so i could see exactly how the wiring should go ...until i hit this little wall lol

·
Registered
90 CRX
1,054 Posts
There won't be any issues running a Y8 AEM fuel rail on your Z6 setup. It just provides a path for fuel, but make sure the box doesn't say 88-00. Because my buddy's did. It didn't differentiate between the A6/Z6/Y7/Y8. He may have bought a universal and you may have a specific one. His is the newest style tho.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
984 Posts

·
Registered
5,880 Posts
dont get rid of manifold. Too friggin awesome for that!!

you can opt to sell or trade your fuel rail for a fitting one. OEM ones will work just fine even past 500hp.

Most edelbrock manifolds relocate the IAT to the #1 runner.

Does yours have a flat unused spot there? a shop could drill and tap for IAT for cheap.

If not, grab a piece of cold air intake from ebay for a 96-00 civic. the elbow right after the throttle has the IAT spot. Search it up man!!

IAT should be as close to throttle as possible!

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
thanks for the advice guys!
i think im going to try 13g-crx idea. saves me the most amount of time and money.did you have any problems with leaky injectors or anything afterwards? did you put any type of sealant/ gasket around the iat ?
the spot 13g-crx has his iat is closer to the t.b. than the stock position on the z6 mani.
heads up i have an old build thread that ill be updating soon to you guys in the loop
http://www.d-series.org/forums/showcase/121987-my-first-engine-build-ever-7.html

·
Registered
See above...
13,322 Posts
Used a Y8 Edelbrock on my Z6 build. IAT wiring extended to the upper inlet piping, and though I had Z6/Y8 compatible fuel rail...you should be able to fab up something to make it work.

·
Registered
984 Posts
thanks for the advice guys!
i think im going to try 13g-crx idea. saves me the most amount of time and money.did you have any problems with leaky injectors or anything afterwards? did you put any type of sealant/ gasket around the iat ?
the spot 13g-crx has his iat is closer to the t.b. than the stock position on the z6 mani.
heads up i have an old build thread that ill be updating soon to you guys in the loop
http://www.d-series.org/forums/showcase/121987-my-first-engine-build-ever-7.html
The fuel rail is spaced up off the IM by the thickness of the metal of the "adapter plates" I made. SO I got a couple washers and drilled the centers out to the same diameter of the injectors. Like this...

No leaks now and this also allowed me to turn the injectors around so the clips are under the fuel rail.

The IAT sensor, I just used the OEM o ring with a smudge of permatex around it.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts