Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new here and have been going through loads of threads in the past few days. Trying to learn as much as I can about the beast I bought off of Boosted91. This car is unbelievable and craig did an excellent job building it! It is hard to believe that a four cylinder can run this good. I already bought two z6 engines to monkey with in the future. One has 165,000 and the other 55,000 miles for 500.00 dollars. I couldn't pass them up, I got them from a bodyshop that my friend owns. Im hooked on this d-series motor as you can tell. Craig told me to join this forum. Im impressed and hope to contribute as much as I can. I have a lot of learning to do. This car needs nothing, it is a turnkey unit and ready to race. Well I have a hard time getting traction but that is part of the thrill. Anybody have any input on whether I should go drag radials? Street use only. This car is in good hands. I keep it garaged and don't take it out in the elements. Thanks again Craig and to all the folks on this forum that helped to make this beast possible.
Joe in PA

·
Registered
40 Posts
Just wondering, but why would you be using a "race ready" car for street use? I say slicks at the track and street tires on the street.

But anyways good luck with it! Pics please?!?! =)

·
669AWHP
1,234 Posts
atleast the rex is going to a good owner from the way it sounds and atleast u r doing ur homework!
and i agree with the nitto 555's. i got them and i like them. but they just dont like to hook when its cold but what does

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Built not bought...
@tranzex - haha. Its hard to hurt your trannys

·
10 second daily driver :)
3,238 Posts
i never thought of the nito 555s they are a pretty good tire, of course its going to be tough to get traction with any tire on the street,
tree hugger i see you are new here so you more then likely arent familiar with the CRX, i built it to be able to compete at the track on weekend while still being totally street friendly, its a full interior car and can run mid 11s :)
JOE transex is the resident tranny guru and he is the one who built that tranny so he is the go to guy if you ever need tranny work or information. Post up some new pics of the car when you get a chance :)

·
Lurking... ಠ_ಠ In Your Thread
11,969 Posts
Keep it as pristine and in great working condition as Craig (Boosted91) kept it. I know you are aware of the beast that you harness. So be easy on 'er.

And welcome.

·
Lifes short, drive fast!
2,350 Posts
Theres few nicer crx's than this one out there, great buy. But you better be nice to ya or we'll all hunt you down! haha

·
10 second daily driver :)
3,238 Posts
Theres few nicer crx's than this one out there, great buy. But you better be nice to it or we'll all hunt you down! and pull your finger nails out with plyers.. haha
fixed it for yah ;)

·
Registered
40 Posts
i never thought of the nito 555s they are a pretty good tire, of course its going to be tough to get traction with any tire on the street,
tree hugger i see you are new here so you more then likely arent familiar with the CRX, i built it to be able to compete at the track on weekend while still being totally street friendly, its a full interior car and can run mid 11s :)
JOE transex is the resident tranny guru and he is the one who built that tranny so he is the go to guy if you ever need tranny work or information. Post up some new pics of the car when you get a chance :)
Cool, gotcha.

You have a link to pictures, or could possibly post some up here? Thanks

·
Lurking... ಠ_ಠ In Your Thread
11,969 Posts
Cool, gotcha.

You have a link to pictures, or could possibly post some up here? Thanks
Make clickies on his user name, and go to "statistics" and view all of his "SHOWCASE" threads

·
Hi hater!
12,548 Posts
Make clickies on his user name, and go to "statistics" and view all of his "SHOWCASE" threads
x2 We have a new resident smart ass it seems knows a tad bit much for his own good but its cool.

To the op take care of this car like boosted91 did. Are you planning on making any changes to the setup or car

·
Registered
40 Posts
Niice, it's a very clean car. I like it even though I'm not much on CRX's.

·
Registered
13,322 Posts
Best non-wet weather streetable tire would probably be the MT DRs. But if you want to venture out into mixed weather, try the BFG KDWs.

·
Well?
10,814 Posts
yes i was going to recommend the MT DR's, much better than the Nitto's but only in the warm,dry weather. Gl with her its a beast of a car thats for sure

1 - 20 of 24 Posts