Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1992 eg hatch
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I went tonight to buy what I was told was a y8 motor turns out its a d16a1 dohc motor. I hope I'm in the right thread here (new to site) if not someone please tell me the right one. Ok so here's the problem I know nothing about these motors besides they are non vtec and came in early integras. Are these good motors to build? (Wanting boost) Do they make vtec heads for them? Will they bolt up to my d15 tranny?

·
Registered
1992 eg hatch
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I didn't confuse it that's what he said he had and so I showed up and seen it was a dohc motor and said o well and bought it. why can't they be built?

·
wheres my money man!!
11,333 Posts
Let me rephrase it. The drivers mount us a odd mount. You will have to make a custom mount. Not to mention its pretty much a sohc d detour do speaking its not close to a B series
Your trans will not bolt to it either. Nor will a b series.
Sell it. Tell us now the market for this motto is not very big at all and you will prob loose money
Sent from my ZTE-Z990 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Premium Member
90 crx si/96 accord
788 Posts
you made a bobo :)
just cuz im drunk doesn't mean u aren't lolz

and to.clarify guys...cable d trannies will bolt up to the a1. however one bolt hole on the trans needs to.be elongated. I (like a lot of others) had heard the same line that it wont....until jlicrx posted some images of the modifications.

the biggest inhibiting factor with the a1 is the drivers mount. second and third would be the intake manifold and cams. id still like to.see.an image of said a1 motor tho...

·
()*#$(*$
93 Legend L Coupe.
11,404 Posts
try finding the parts to work on it then you will see
GTFO of my world. You can get everything you need for any of the DOHC Ds. These are my favorite Honda engine.

So, please, before anything else ignorant comes out of your face, leave this discussion alone.

·
Registered
1988 Honda CRX
6,676 Posts
The D16A1 is the first series DOHC engine otherwise known as the Brown Top. Details of the 4 DOHC Ds and parts sources are posted in the stickies in the DOHC forum. Read and you will learn.

I am 99% sure there is a ZC version of each of the 4 DOHC generations the same as there are also two SOHC ZCs, so despite it's popularity (it kinda just flows of the tongue so easy and sounds so cool) it's a rather confusing term.

A lot of external stuff on the D16A1 is different to all other Ds,

·
Registered
1992 eg hatch
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
So I guess I should have researched a little but it'll buff I guess I'll put it back on like the right way for sale

1 - 20 of 36 Posts