Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
99 civic vp sedan
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
First off hi everyone, i'm not a noob to Hondas, but I am a noob to this site, was driving a 95 Nissan hardbody with a 2.4 straight 4, single port injected throttle body. I love my little truck, but I'm going through twenty bucks in Gas a a day so I came across A 99 civic four door, it's an auto, paid 1,500 dollars for it, but it has 220,000 miles, surprisingly the tranny shifts well which was my initial concern. So I did a major tune up, have already learned to go official Honda on all engine parts, so new dizzy cap and rotor, blue ngk wires, and some premium ngk plugs. I went ahead and changed the tranny fluid, well 3 quarts of it. Of course it also got a nice oil change. So i'm open to any and all criticism on what else I should do to tune this car up, I only want it as a daily driver, I don't care about speed, I really want this car to last, as far as I can tell it doesn't burn any oil but it does leak it, it looks to me like it coming from the dizzy not the the cap though. I really don't care how it looks, this is my gas saver but I do take care of my vehicles so I figured who better to look to than the Honda community, i'll throw up some pics when I get a chance but its for two good dings on it. Otherwise the body is decent for my standards, I know its not a showstopper. Also timingbelt was changed by a Honda mechanic at 180,000 miles, he showed the paperwork for that so I know I can trust it. Would maybe like to do an short air intake, but mainly trying to remain stock and reliable.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.