Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
Honda Civic EH 95
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm almost done with my build. Now I need more fuel for my setup (running stock 240cc right now).

After much of a research I came into conclusion that the Bosch EV14 injector is the best injector for the money, and fighting head to head with the Injector Dynamics.

Many people recommend buying it from deatschwerks, as they're selling genuine injectors, flow matched within 2% and comes with a flow test sheet.

The only problem I'm facing is that in their site mentioned that this injector comes with 14mm o-ring inlet, and as I know the honda fuel rail is 11mm. Is there anything I'm missing here?

This injector can be either found on ebay, matched for civic, but the weird thing is that the seller don't want to send me a picture of the injector label, in order to prove me that it isn't a fake.

Deatsch werks link - Long (60mm EV14) : 78lb (800cc) Fuel Injectors | DeatschWerks

Ebay link - Honda Acura Bosch 750cc EV14 Fuel Injectors OBD2 B D H F Series Civic Integra | eBay

Any thoughts are welcome.

·
Registered
94 Integra
1,225 Posts
Most sellers wont' send a picture because they don't want to spend the time or they think you're trying to steal their p/n's. What to look for is the laser etching. Bosch laser-etches the p/n and serial numbers onto the body, as well as onto the lower stainless section. Instead they'll forget about the SS section and silkscreen numbers onto the body only. Other than that you have to test them & look at the flow. Fakes have spray patterns that vary wildly from injector to injector.

Regarding the 14mm bits, you'll need tophat adapters as mentioned above. Bosch EV14 injectors are either reduced via the tophat or via machining a taller 14mm core to 11mm. I prefer the later, as there's 4 less o-rings to service or fail.

There is a member who just posted a used set of IN900's in the classified section. They may be on hold for a week or two since I'm going to clean & test them for him.

·
Registered
Honda Civic EH 95
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Hello, thanks for the detailed answer. So as I understand, a seller can change the injector stracture in order to suit his needs?
Anyone as any exprience with the ebay seller I mentioned above? Thanks.

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
he didnt say anything about them changing the bosch design.

what he was pointing out was how to tella fake from a real one.

the fake ones are junk, worthless, pieces of crap that dont belong in anyone's motor

·
Registered
Honda Civic EH 95
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I just cant understand, how every seller have a different bosch ev14 design, different spray pattern etc. Is it how it gets out from factory? I couldn't find any relevant information even in bosch website.

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
you are missing the point

there are FAKE bosch injectors out there. bosch has no part in their creation.

bosch themselves do not produce the entire injector. they buy the rights to use the case design, and put their own guts inside.

this is why you can find fakes that are a tenth of the price and one thousandth of the quality

·
Registered
1992 Civic DX Hatch
586 Posts
I have had good luck with using 2014 GT 500 fuel injectors and drilling out the stk fuel rail to make them fit. They are dual cone ev14 style injectors

·
Registered
94 Integra
1,225 Posts
I just cant understand, how every seller have a different bosch ev14 design, different spray pattern etc. Is it how it gets out from factory? I couldn't find any relevant information even in bosch website.
The problem is they don't. Bosch simply offers a ton of sizes and various resellers simply order the injector they want. I believe ID actually did initiate the creation of the non-CNG 1600cc injectors, but they're also not exclusive to ID.

The reason why some modded injectors are listed 750cc, 850cc, etc despite identical p/n's is the way they get flow tested. Very few places do it right. The ASNU benches that nearly every smaller injector tester has is NOT designed well for very close matching/measuring. There are MANY factors that can vastly increase error, 99% of them depend on the user. Similar to how a Honda can be unreliable if you don't simple maintenance for 250k+ miles.

The biggest issue I have with the ASNU is that it relies 100% on volume. Bosch actually measures by weight, not volume. I measure w/in 1/2 a gram while the best 100ml tube lets you eyeball it w/in 1/2 ml - that's 7x the resolution when your specific gravity is in the 0.7 range. Larger injectors also fill 100ml very quickly (short test = less reliable), while I'm still +/- 0.5g past 700ml. In other words if you buy from someone who uses an ASNU bench, chances are they are not going to be matched all that well.

·
Tape-R taper/driver
EC3, ED8, ED9, EE5
574 Posts
The reason why some modded injectors are listed 750cc, 850cc, etc despite identical p/n's is the way they get flow tested. Very few places do it right. The ASNU benches that nearly every smaller injector tester has is NOT designed well for very close matching/measuring. There are MANY factors that can vastly increase error, 99% of them depend on the user.
And that is one of the reasons we got rid of the "test-tube, visual" method.

·
Registered
152 Posts
agreed, i have a set of HiProfile's 600cc inj with adapters to fit my obd0 plugs, couldnt be happier, swapped them in and tuned.

zero issues with them !

stratton.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts