Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've read till I'm ready to pull my hair out.

I'm doing a obd0 to obd1 conversion. I'm trying to wire my 4 wire o2 sensor. It has two white wires, one black, and one grey.

from what I've read...

Heater (ECU A6) -------White
12 Volt------------White
Ground ------------Grey
Signal (ECU D14) ------Black

I've got power and ground leads coming off my subharness so I assume I connect those to a white and grey wire on the o2 sensor.
1. Does it matter which of the two white wires???
the other white is the heater control
and then the signal is black.

2. Do I just tape off the original o2 sensor wire?

·
Registered
5 Posts
You orignal o2 wire can be used for the new signal wire but if you're running new wires then just tape it up.

It doesn't matter which white wire you use for what, they are simply connected to a heater coil inside the sensor.
Current flows from the 12v source through the coil to the ecu so it will work no matter what way the white wires are connected.

Hope that helps :)

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You orignal o2 wire can be used for the new signal wire but if you're running new wires then just tape it up.

It doesn't matter which white wire you use for what, they are simply connected to a heater coil inside the sensor.
Current flows from the 12v source through the coil to the ecu so it will work no matter what way the white wires are connected.

Hope that helps :)
Yep... that answers my question!
thanks!

·
Registered
2 Posts
hey did you wire up to a p28? using existing wires or did you wire to the ecu? im doing the same except already obd1. just cant figure out why my pin d22 is grounding my o2 and not the rest of the sensors linked to it. wanting to know if you exactly how you did your wiring if it worked correctly. would really help me out. thanks!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts