Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just want to install some OS 0.5mm OEM pistons (bore: 75.5mm) on my 01 civic. I already have the civic repair manual where they say the clearance between piston and cylinder wall... To install those bigger pistons I need a larger bore, how I can bore the cylinder for those pistons? I need micrometers to meassure and some other tools?

And do you think is well install those 75.5mm pistons, or is better the 75.25mm?

P.S.
When the part number says the piston come in a "set", it means a set of 4 pistons or a set of piston and the wrist pin? What price you think are those piston for a 01+ civic (repeat are OEM OS 0.5mm pistons)?

·
Registered
251 Posts
Your best bet is 2 take the block to a machine shop that specializes in boring. As far as piston size bigger is better so the 75.5 is the way to go. And a set should be 4 pistons. Price wise...you'll have 2 shop around. Could be anywhere from the $300 to $500 range. I could be wrong so shop around!

·
racist-bigot-sexist-homophob
11,892 Posts
Tobias said:
Your best bet is 2 take the block to a machine shop that specializes in boring. As far as piston size bigger is better so the 75.5 is the way to go. And a set should be 4 pistons. Price wise...you'll have 2 shop around. Could be anywhere from the $300 to $500 range. I could be wrong so shop around!
Boring will typically be about $15 per cylinder at least that's what it is around here.

Bigger is not always better. The gain in displacement in terms of whp from boring your cylinders out is negligible. Boring is not a "mod". I would take it to the machine shop and have them check the bores unless you have a dial bore gauge. If the bores are ok as is then I would leave them alone.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts