Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
EJ6
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found this Borg Warner gm 5 turbo for a decent price, but my quesion is on a stock head at what rpm is going to build boost at, and rmp at full boost? I did some research on it, the cold side is 60, and hot is 72. I believe it's similar to a holset hx35 or greater. Anyone knows anything about this or used this turbo? Thanks!

·
Registered
95 ex coupe
4,281 Posts
you can most def find a smaller turbo that will perform better. what kindof goals are you wanting to make?

·
Registered
EJ6
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've searched, but alot of pol even say that on a b16 would be hard to spin that thing. I just want to make sure since a lot of you guys on here are running big turbos.

·
Registered
1990 civic 4 door LX
2,121 Posts
I just tuned a 12.5:1 comp b20vtec and it built fulll boost quick. But it didn't start moving air until about 5800. So for you 5k sounds about right. 5400 or som. Obviously setup depends but I see it being close to a 30r for you.

·
Registered
EJ6
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I just tuned a 12.5:1 comp b20vtec and it built fulll boost quick. But it didn't start moving air until about 5800. So for you 5k sounds about right. 5400 or som. Obviously setup depends but I see it being close to a 30r for you.
People on the other forum was sayinging it's more of a 35r, but damn 5400? That's high for the 2L, don't really know if I can spool that thing until 6000.
50 shot will cure that ;)
lol, I don't want to mess with nitrous since this is going to be a DD. Thx for the idea tho.

·
Registered
1990 civic 4 door LX
2,121 Posts
It is about that big. What I meant is the powerband will feel closer to a 30r. Probably with a later jump in power. You will spool full boost at 5400 or so like I said. The car won't start moving MPH (hp) till about 6.5k I guarentee it.

I would say a 63 a/r exhaust and 57 trim comp. Side. Bitch will shred.

·
Registered
EJ6
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
It is about that big. What I meant is the powerband will feel closer to a 30r. Probably with a later jump in power. You will spool full boost at 5400 or so like I said. The car won't start moving MPH (hp) till about 6.5k I guarentee it.

I would say a 63 a/r exhaust and 57 trim comp. Side. Bitch will shred.
Found some more info, the hotside is 52 and comp side is 57 trim, and yes ur right on the Ar as well

·
Registered
EJ6
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
how do you determine when it will reach full boost when you dont know what full boost will be?

OP, i wouldnt run it on anything smaller than a 2.0l engine.
If it's similar to a 30r then Shouldnt it be fine? I've decided to grab it and try to see if it's going to spool, guess that's the only way to find out

1 - 18 of 18 Posts