Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is probably a stupid qusetion but here it goes.....we have a 98 civic which we in process of mini me conversion. he has purchased a set of wiseco pistoon with an overbore soze of 0.020mm i believe so can the d16y7 block be bored out to accomodate these as we have heard that you cannot bore out the block? any ideas guys? thanks

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
just another quickie, what would you say is the best capacity to get the 1.6 engine bored out at and is it worth getting the crankshaft ground and polished?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
so whow much would the block be bored out to maintain reliability and ensuring the wiseco pistons fit, thanks again.

·
Registered
598 Posts
If the pistons came with some info, it is more than likely in amongst it, there is a piston-to-wall clearance distance. Basically the gap between the piston side and the cylinder wall. If you find somewhere that does the machine work, just give them the block and the pisotns, and tell them to make them fit.

Thats what i did with my endyn pistons, they are the same overbore as what you have there. There was no problem getting the block done for it.

The bore size after maching should be 75.50mm, as opposed to the 75.05mm that is the standard bore. So its not exactly a massive difference! I think it makes the capacity 1611cc...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Bore
MM / Inch
75.50 / 2.972

Over Sizes
.5mm

Stroke

Rod Length

Deck Clearence
.033-
0.84-

thats all the info i could find at hand mate but the '' heres pistons and block make them fit please'' method sounds the easiest lol, thanks

1 - 9 of 9 Posts