Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
if some of you dont know. i used to be on hear all the time when i had my old 91 civic but then i put in a b16. but i sold that. i just got a nice 93 civic EX with only 150,000 miles. thats low for me. but i have been driving it alot. and beating one it. its not burning oil at all. the car was 100% stock. so i am thinking making my own turbo kit. with a t3/t4 turbo. what dose every one think about that?

·
Registered
214 Posts
i say do it, they are easy to come by if you damage it...my sons 93 Civic has almost 200k and i will be boosting it stock sometime early next year...just not gonna go crazy with it yet...

·
Banned
1,094 Posts
im about to do the same, pickin up a d16a6 w/si trans with 70k on it toamrrow:TU: BUT im not going to be boosting more that 10psi on a stock block off the bat.

·
Registered
civic
122 Posts
i would say do it.. i had a friend that had done the same thing you are thinking about doing but on a 98 civic. i prob wouldnt run a lot of boost. he only ran about 7 or 8 psi. his ran great and didnt have any tuning. but if your going to tune it and do it properly then you should be good. just dont go crazy on the boost.

·
FF Misfit
Accord
4,881 Posts
Do it. BTW, where do you live in WI?

·
FF Misfit
Accord
4,881 Posts
Green Bay.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i would say do it.. i had a friend that had done the same thing you are thinking about doing but on a 98 civic. i prob wouldnt run a lot of boost. he only ran about 7 or 8 psi. his ran great and didnt have any tuning. but if your going to tune it and do it properly then you should be good. just dont go crazy on the boost.[/QUOTE
well thats the sweet thing about e85 is it has 105 octane so that will help you boost alot more then 93.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts