Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all. I recently acquired a 92 civic DX hatch and am planning on doing a bit of summer work on it as my Saab is to expensive to work on. I have decided to boost it but I have run into a few questions that hopefully the lovely people here on D series, ie. you, will be able to answer for me. Now before you give me the old use the search bar or research the questions your asking blah blah blah... I already have.

Anyways basically what I'm working with is a D15B7 with 255xxx km's on it. That's around 160,000 miles for you imperial folk. I have opted to build the engine rather than have it explode after running more than 10 lbs of boost but I have run into a few issues. I decided to go with the JDM D15B crank setup as the rod bearings will fit a D16 rod, a much better option than those ridiculously expensive crowers and I got one for a pretty decent deal too. With this setup I plan on using eagles with 75.5mm vitaras. Any of you who are familiar with this setup know that the rods end up sticking a bit out of the block, apparently 0.018". I'd just like some insight from some of you on if you'd recommend I get the pistons milled, and if so how much?

Also with an engine of that high mileage would it be beneficial to have the block decked and head milled? With all of this milling will my CR be too high for boost? Sorry about all the questions. If you can answer even one of these I would appreciate it. Thanks guys!

·
Registered
93 DelSol S, 95 DelSol Si, 01 Odyssey EX, 04 CRV EX
2,177 Posts
always mill. do the correct work!

for average goals, anything under 11:1 is fine. Just tune to your fuel levels, back off a bit and be happy :)

looks like your on the right track.

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,762 Posts
Run a .048" MLS OEM D16A6 head gasket and nothing is needed to be done for clearance.

Only .018" above deck? LOL!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
vitara's are not domed
you will not have too much compression

hell I'd machine the top of the pistons just due to its massive dish

after machining everything, just get the proper thickness of headgasket and you'll be golden
The pistons I'm planning on getting are these vitaras I've posted. If I get them milled the coating on the top will be milled but it will remain coated in the dish. Will this have any effect on the engines performance?

Attachments

·
Registered
262 Posts
I thinking about building this same setup. I already have the rods just need piston. The only reason i was going to mill the top of the piston is so It won't be prone to detonation between the side of the piston and head gasket. I was going to also run a milled y7 head and stock head gasket I want about 9.0 to 1 so I don't lose out on all my bottom end. I'm in 95 ex coupe so much heavier than any ef or hatch. I can tell you one thing any static compression you raise you will will need less boost to make some good useable power. My conquest is a turd till it has about 3 to 4 psi running through it. 7.5 to 1 cr conquest.

It going to be this or a High comp (10.5cr) on boost d16 with forged pistons

I love my mini me d15b7 with y7 head 10.5cr on 7.5 psi on ebay 50 trim make good power (180-200hp depending on outside temp would be my guess) if I had better rods i would turn the boost up a little more but it is my daily so I leave it where it won't break I have put 15k miles on this set up been down the 1/4 a few times and one autocross event and loads of daily beatings and still kicking strong. check it at bottom of post.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts