Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Guys,

I recently made up my mind to turbo my d16z6. Started ordering stuff a few days ago, my aim is about 500hp setup. I have to order Supertech valve springs but I can't decide which rating should I go for? there is a deal on ebay for entire valvetrain kit etc.

I'd really appreciate it if someone could help me out choose a valve spring rating and a camshaft accordingly.

Current stuff that I have ordered is:

ARP Head Studs
Wiseco 9CR Pistons
Eagle Rods
Darton Sleeves
Greddy timing belt set
ATI Super damper pulley
Cometic head gasket
Cometic bottom gasket
Orbit Racing oil pump
ACL Bearings
Block guard
Skunk2 Ultra Manifold
750 Precision Injectors
Aem fuel rail

Gear:
Quaife LSD (S20)
Carbon Synchros (S20)
Mfactory Final drive (Need help here to choose b/w 4.5 / 4.7 / 4.9)

Turbo GT30R Dual ball bearing
Ramhorn AC compatible mani
Tial 44mm waste gate
FMIC + piping etc etc

Walboro
Mishimoto aluminum radiator

Hondata + p28 ecu with boost solenoid
MSD-6AL-2
Clutch (not yet ordered)

That's about it, so guys I need your help choosing the right camshaft and valvespring rating.

Thanks!!

·
Registered
28 Posts
You don't need the 6al , you should get 1000cc injectors so you can run e85 & be closer to your goal.
Block guard isn't needed if you have darton sleeves. I would recommend an action clutch.
That supertech setup would be fine & use a rocket cam probably.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You don't need the 6al , you should get 1000cc injectors so you can run e85 & be closer to your goal.
Block guard isn't needed if you have darton sleeves. I would recommend an action clutch.
That supertech setup would be fine & use a rocket cam probably.

I'm confused about the supertech's spring retainers pressure rating, it is 60lbs and a few people said you should go over 80lbs? I'll have to get a camshaft accordingly.

Any ideas?

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
4,461 Posts
call rocket and ask them what they recommend. Id say a delta 272-2. also, stock sleeves are good for 500hp, but if youre going darton, no need for a block guard. oem head gasket and oil pump is a must. edelbrock intake would be better than the junk2. using stock throttle body with an aftermarket intake mani?

·
Premium Member
95 civic coupe
1,358 Posts
More injectors and i suggest Competition clutch. I am pushing a bit over 400 on stock sleeves E85 57trim turbo with a ported head and a rocket billet cam. I've had good luck with edelbrock intake ported matched to 70mm TB. "Nike just do it!"

1 - 9 of 9 Posts