Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i know its only the 70hp model gas saver. But well i dont really want to do another engine swap unless i dont have to. I want to go turbo is it worth it to turbo it and what do you think i could get out of the stock motor?

·
Premium Member
5,910 Posts
loyalty said:
But well i dont really want to do another engine swap unless i dont have to.
I say boost it. Then eventualy you WILL have to swap it hehe. Is it worth it? sure that way you havethe parts for the next better engine that goes in. Besides, if you race someone and they beat you it just looks bad. I can already here the d-hater " I just smoked a boosted single cam poor thing"

·
Registered
893 Posts
just boost it, it if takes a shit oh well then upgrade to a b7 for next to nothing slap the turbo kit on that and the cycle goes on and on till your happy that is

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
what kinda hp do you think the turbo would help my 70hp motor?

Think i can get 150 safely?

·
Registered
893 Posts
Yeah its definetly possible. A good approx of the power a B8's bottom end can handle is about 160 to 180 whp. 150whp would be nice outta the thing since your sitting at high 50's to mid 60s at the wheel stock.

·
Registered
893 Posts
^^^ Quick Mofo beat me to it lol but yeah.
Grab yourself a B7 head for 30 bucks slap that on and you basically got yourself a b7 then the 150 is possible.

·
Premium Member
5,910 Posts
Hey I have a ported B7 head :) You can have it pick up shipping! No gurantees and it needs to be assembled hehe. ( had to start port practice somewhere right?)

·
i shoot stuff
2,422 Posts
yea i agree that head would not allow those numbers very easily

i had a b8 too....70 hp sucks

i would just swap the motor, those rods are really thin, its only gonna be an extra 300 or so and a good day of work

1 - 12 of 12 Posts