Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to know how to go about this, i was thinking of doing a mini-me swap but i can't seem to find a Y8 head anywhere, so if i keep it just the complete Y7 engine, how do i go about boosting it and what do i all need and ive got about $2000 to work with, please help!

·
Registered
446 Posts
get a greddy kit, i knoa kid wit5h a non-tec y7 boosting 8psi all day he also has a type r motor coupe and he beats the coupe, so for like 1,500 or so u can be beating 180whp dohc's all day

·
the hard-parker
4,257 Posts
the y7 is a perfectly fine motor to boost. you'll have a lot of fun with it. and if you're nervous about building your own turbo kit, just buy a greddy kit, which you can get for 1400 or so, and that'll give you enough extra cash to do the little parts that really complete a turbo set-up.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
alright i think im gonna stick with the Y7 setup, but i have 123,000 miles on it so how much psi do you think i could run with out putting in internals or rebuilding the engine?

·
the hard-parker
4,257 Posts
just make sure that your compression is good, you're not burning oil or coolant, that type of thing. basically give your motor a check up and make sure it's running healthy. maybe replace belts and hoses and that kind of thing if it hasn't been done in a long time.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts