Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
eg hatch
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys im new here.. just a few questions i got a 94 eg hatch and i wanna eventually boost it.. i wanna keep the motor stock and just run small boost.. my engine has 315k on it but runs mint and strong. is that too many k to boost? or should i get a lower k motor? im just gunna peice together a turbo kit i just wanna know whatts involed what turbo should i get? do i need a bigger fuel pump? injectors? or what? thanks for any imput guys i appreciate it alot!

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
while the search button is a great tool, im a nice guy and will help you out. if you are to do a small turbo set up... and i do mean SMALL turbo... and make roughly 150-175hp, you should be fine the way you are.. but i wouldnt think twice to look into getting a lower mileage motor to do a simple stock rebuild on to boost like a D16Z6 or even another D15B7.

you can do a "junkyard" set up with a HF manifold, adapter plate and a number of small stock turbochargers and have a fun little set up. and even on a small set up like that i would still recommend atleast 450cc injectors and a walbro 255 intank fuel pump. the biggest portion of basicly any set up is the tune. a bad tune even on the strongest of motors will have the motor blow, so when you go to tune the car make sure it is from a reputable tuner with many good reviews from other clients. there are a number of different tuning programs availible, but when you want to get to the better programs you will spend more to get more... if that makes sense.

i know there are plenty of people on this site running high mileage turbo cars on stock motors with no problems, iv seen a stock Z6 making 186hp run for 5 years with 200K+ on the clock with not one single problem. its really your call on it, but its never bad to have another spare sitting around just incase something wrong does happen.

·
Registered
1,802 Posts

·
Registered
5,885 Posts
mileage isnt a concern. the health of the motor is the big player.

Id keep the turbo small. a K03 would be plenty, and have you see around 150-160whp, which is plenty to get around town in.

It would not hurt to find a cheap backup motor first though

·
Registered
eg hatch
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
all i want out this is around 150 -160 hp just something fun but reliable too as for the high k engine if it blows ill just get a low k one there really cheap anyway or i would get a d16z6.. what turbo would work good? i hear ppl using turbos off eagle talons and eclipces.. ill check around the form now anyway but thanks for the input again

·
Registered
5,885 Posts
dont use a DSM turbo. the size makes it pointless if you want power and reliability. no point of a turbo swap if you can only use it if you rev up.

go on ebay

K03 or K04 turbo

nice, small, and spools fast. you can actually feel boost before 2000 rpm

you will need to have a machine shop make a flange or flange adapter though, its not a common flange for turbos

·
Registered
841 Posts
just hit the local junk yards up and search for an old sabb turbo or sumthing in that catagory..you can prolly find a decent amount of stuff in some yards..cheap build to..if ur not smokin nor burning then you should be fine..just get a proper tune..but like others say id buy another motor or block to have as a back up..gl

·
Registered
92 Civic Hatch
1,757 Posts
dont use a DSM turbo. the size makes it pointless if you want power and reliability. no point of a turbo swap if you can only use it if you rev up.
Are you really referring to DSM t25/t28/16G as a Large turbo? You will have slightly higher RPMS than a K03/4, but really, compared to an actually LARGE turbo, the RPMS you will see boost/full boost in are exceptionally LOW.

A DSM turbo would suit your needs well

1 - 11 of 11 Posts