Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to boost my motor when I get my taxes I got the motor from a friend it has blown rings but I'm getting a kit with rods pistons and rings but my q is some advise on if I need to get a bigger fuel pump and what injectors to use I'm using the ecu from an si and im converting my car from dpfi to mpfi and need injectors and manifold the motor didn't come with the motor so I need to buy or come up at the junk yard if I can just use integ injectors lol oh yeah this is gonna be a backyard project so advise on anything that I may run into helps and if I can get any direction on how to do the mpfi conversion on my own will be appreciated. I hear its easy but idk wtf to do haha --rasta--

·
Registered
180 Posts
Yes u need bigger injectors 440 or bigger would help and for. The fuel pump a walbro 255 hp would be a good upgrade but like the others have said start searching a lot and know what u need and has to be done to boost and have a safe motor

·
Registered
6,365 Posts
Lol. Good luck with boosting on teg injectors.
Said this so many times in the pass week.
"Your not ready yet younge grasshopper." Do some more reading look up the builds n show case.
Hell ill make you a boost appliation.
Name :
Car:
Motor:
Budget:
Skills:
Power goal:

next time u make a post abe able to answer that at lest.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
@xile6 lol

Rasta
89dx
D16a6
1500 more if I need to (first Turbo I know I'm gonna f it up somewhere lol)
Mostly freeway racing work as a mechanic for Midas working on a5 its the easy one lol
around 200 daily driven

·
Registered
6,365 Posts
@xile6 lol

Rasta
89dx
D16a6
1500 more if I need to (first Turbo I know I'm gonna f it up somewhere lol)
Mostly freeway racing work as a mechanic for Midas working on a5 its the easy one lol
around 200 daily driven
Used greddy kit ftw? If not then cheap ebay kit and swap out parts as they break.
Also when do you plan on using the tubro? RPM/spool range will help narrow down the tubro.

why not? :smartass:
No real reason beside bad tune. Bad tune and 5th gear boosting means high temp and hotspots and then it go boom.
Now if you got a great tune then boost in all gears and rock like an oem setup.

·
Registered
852 Posts
If he had a built motor with forged pistons, boosting 5th gear wouldn't be as big of an issue. I'd be worried about cracking ringlands on the stock pistons - not only is it a harder load on the engine, but 5th gear means you're at WOT for much longer than other gears.

Do what you want, that's what I was told. If it's wrong feel free to add/correct me

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I'm gonna use a cheap eBay kit or search Cl and see what people are selling I've seen a few kits but idk if they're going to be there next month I'm going t3/t4 for sure though

·
Registered
6,365 Posts
I just explain 5th gear boosting. Also there was a thread about this.
High load on motor for to long makes heat. Now if you tune for it then its all fine. Because think of this oem turbo cars dont come with a warning saying dont boost in 5th. Its all n the tune.

@ rastaross619
Ebay kits are aways around just know that they alway missing something.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts