Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is it waste of my time boosting a 141k miles d16y7?

the engine seems like its running strong. compression was even across, but i dont remember what the number was.

i was planning to get the greddy kit or something like this http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Turbo-Kit-Honda-Civic-D-series-CRX-Intercooler-T3_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ6755QQitemZ4573762822QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

but im new to this turbo thing and i dont know what kind of fmu or ecu i need to run.

any suggestion or opinions are welcomed

Cliff

·
Registered
4,585 Posts
What is compression across the board??

O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
^ yup
check leakdown, compression and change the timing belt and do a full tune up if compression and leak down are good.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i will do compression and leak down again when i get a chance, i would think that the timing belts already been changed at 141k, i bought the car when it was 137k.

its a 96 civic dx hatch for 1800, it had little damage so i took it home and did some body work on it, now it looks good except the car is primer.

the clutch is shot too on the car, everyone in my family has been learning on this car. so if anyone has any recommendations for clutch, post it.

one more question, does anyone know the badside of swapping in a stolen motor (b16)? besides inspection and police popping my hood when they pull me over(which i highly doubt they will).

i can get a legit k20 from a wrecked Si for 2000, but i dont have the money to custom all the parts thats needed for the swap

·
Registered
836 Posts
does anyone know the badside of swapping in a stolen motor (b16)?
I may be just speaking for myself, but I don't think anyone on this board condones stealing in any way, whether there's a bad side or not. I sure wouldn't want to be the one being ripped off, and I don't know a single person who enjoys having things stolen from them. So, why would you steal, or even knowingly take, a stolen engine?!?!? Be like everybody else and save up your cash or build up what you have...

-spd.

·
Registered
742 Posts
and if you have stolen property, keep it to your self, or get the fuck off the boards. Hope you nicked it from a wrecker and not some poor kids garage just before his swap...

:(

O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
never assume anything about maintenance....
if your dealing with stolen stuff and posting up ehre, no offence ybut your as smart as a box of rocks with the IQ of a pebble. posting up you have known stole stuff can and may get you JAIL time.......

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i personally dont have a stolen motor, i was saying that what would be the downside of buying one. sometimes you cant tell if the motor is legit and stuff.

i dont steal or take from other people's property, but there are plenty of people that do and sells it for small amount of money.

last time i stole was when i was 6, and it was a pack of gum at a groceries store.

i have the money for this stuff, but i just wanna save some and put it towards other stuff.

this is my show car at sema in AC this year, im trying to save up for the soon-to-be-out S/C but at the same time get the civic started

http://dynamicfusion.org/modules.php?full=1&set_albumName=semaias052105-cars&id=DSC_7520&op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=view_photo.php

O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ok, then lets drop the stolen parts thing ;)

again replace the belt you never assume someone else did it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts