Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is it smart and what should i replace to make it last i am trying for 190whp at 8lbs of boost so if any one has any reasons for me not to do this please lemme know and i am open to other options but money is low

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,422 Posts
might need more boost depending on the QUALITY of the 8 psi.

But very doable. I'd suggest larger injectors, like the common DSM 450's, a good tune, safe daily setup if cared for and looked after.

·
Registered
eg hatch
187 Posts
im bout to do it to in the next week or so (a6 bottom/z6 head stock internals) every one says its ok to do. check out the sticky on stock bottom end boosting i found it very comforting like a hundred guys boosting thier daily drivers w/stock bottom ends and saying they got no probs

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thank you guys you have kinda made my mind up i just need a quick daily and i take very good care of my car so this should be the best route for me money wise

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
arp rod bolts
dont need em for turbo + stock rods + stock revs.

if you eventually experience any head gasket problems go with some arp head studs.

·
Registered
Acura TL-P
6,837 Posts
might need more boost depending on the QUALITY of the 8 psi.

But very doable. I'd suggest larger injectors, like the common DSM 450's, a good tune, safe daily setup if cared for and looked after.
dont need em for turbo + stock rods + stock revs.

if you eventually experience any head gasket problems go with some arp head studs.
:TU:

·
Registered
4,732 Posts
might need a clutch also. and also IMO a GOOD BLOW OFF VALVE THAT WORKS !!!!!!!! it will save you alot of time and hassle. the pos ones that dont work cause your boost pipes to blow off even with t bolt clamps....so make sure you gewt one that works.

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
A6 bottom with Z6 top should be in the neighborhood of 10:1 compression rather than the 9.2:1 you'd see with a stock Z6 all around. Just be extra careful with the timing retard and good quality fuel.

I see you're in Tennessee - you might be able to convince me to help with chipping / tuning. ;)

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
A6 bottom with Z6 top should be in the neighborhood of 10:1 compression rather than the 9.2:1 you'd see with a stock Z6 all around. Just be extra careful with the timing retard and good quality fuel.

I see you're in Tennessee - you might be able to convince me to help with chipping / tuning. ;)
did i miss something? is this a straight z6 or a6/z6? just curious.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts