• all motor z6

Votes: 10 29.4%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
should i do a small boost kit or do an all motor setup i just want a fast streetable car and i need it to be cheaper so please give me some ideas

·
I like to mouth off
658 Posts
i say n/a with a spray for the track.... go with valve, valve springs, stage 2 or three N/a cam, slightly higher compression pistons and put some rods on while you've got the engine apart... Aftermarket intake mani, b16 TB, headers, and then slap a 125 shot on there and you will live your sol... but if you go spray the golden rule is start small and build up, so start with a 50 shot or so then go up... but im very bias to n/a.....lol

·
I like to mouth off
658 Posts
boost is cheaper, faster,and more responsive to future mods than na...

this is true..... boost will get you more power for your money without a doubt ....but i would give more props to a n/a motor pushin 250 with spray than a boosted d pushin 250....i don't know what it is i just like n/a more... it's more of a challenge to hit good numbers on the 1/4 mile....i will prob always have my DD as n/a spray'd car..... but if you just wanna build a track whore... boost is the way to go....

·
I like to mouth off
658 Posts
ok so i missed the whole part in your OP about it having to be cheap.... go boost if your on a tight budget my bad

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
i was waitin on you i knew you would chime in i really wanna try a turbo car i drive my dads cooper every day and it sc but i want something different

p.s this was directed to branden^^^^^

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ok so i missed the whole part in your OP about it having to be cheap.... go boost if your on a tight budget my bad
lol i have been trying for the last week to talk myself out of na just because i dont have the cash to make it what i want i love na setups but boost is something i have never messed wih and that kinda captures my attention

·
Registered
4,732 Posts
yep, home made turbo kit FTW. and ima add in my 2 cents just to let you know...you are saying all you want is a small boost kit right now...That will please you for 6months or so...then you are gonna want more.. its addicting...so if you get addicted to shit easy...mine as well just do it all up the first time to save money..lol..just lettin ya know. thats how it is for me....ive never got enough power, always lookn for more shit to buy.

·
Administrator
93 cx hatch
16,376 Posts
lol i have been trying for the last week to talk myself out of na just because i dont have the cash to make it what i want i love na setups but boost is something i have never messed wih and that kinda captures my attention
find someone thats boosted and go for a ride.. you wont want anything to do with an na sohc after that

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yep, home made turbo kit FTW. and ima add in my 2 cents just to let you know...you are saying all you want is a small boost kit right now...That will please you for 6months or so...then you are gonna want more.. its addicting...so if you get addicted to shit easy...mine as well just do it all up the first time to save money..lol..just lettin ya know. thats how it is for me....ive never got enough power, always lookn for more shit to buy.
thats me man i always want something more but i want to baby my motor i have lost so much money on my car already and i just want to start at like
8lbs and like 190whp and my biggest fear is that after that i will want like
13lbs and like 250whp and then i have a full on money pit so i think i will attempt some self control and just try for 8 on a small homemade kit but thanks for your opinions and if you have any advice on stuff that is needed to get a good homemade setup going please help a dbro out

·
Lurking... ಠ_ಠ In Your Thread
ES1 Civic
11,969 Posts
im a No-T4k guy myself.... but a boosted Z6 usually kicks much ass so i say boost

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
now for my next question shoulld i spend the money to get a p28 and vtec solo or should i run my boosted setup no-tec

·
my name says Guest, but Im really a MEMBER
10,488 Posts
boost isn't necessarly cheaper. think about it. n/a, what would be a bad ass n/a setup. high compression pistons, rebuilt motor, cam, maybe vtec intake manifold and b-series TB something like that. which really wouldn't be that much. and would probably hold its own with a 4-6psi boost setup.
even a 4-6 setup isn't that cheap. really when you start adding up everything and all the little small bullshit, t's, vacuum lines, oil filtings, gauges, couplers, etc. etc. plus if getting it tuned is going to cost. it's going to cost way more if you do it yourself.
what would it cost really to do high comp. pistons in a motor? pistons, rings, and bearings, gasket kit. right there your gold.
yes to make more power n/a your pretty much fucked though. but even with boost you have to rebuild the motor for boost and maybe upgrade the turbo and get a 3 bar map sensor, etc.

real life not trying to make the most insanely fast car, its kinda a toss up.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts