Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
M

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i am new to d series.org but it seems to be pretty nice for all of us honda heads out there. i put my d16y7 on the dyno yesterday, i will be posting the dyno sheet asap, but i put down 145 hp and 160 lb ft of torque @ 6 psi. is that a ok number for stock internals and no head work??
 
M

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
mrcivichybrid said:
i am new to d series.org but it seems to be pretty nice for all of us honda heads out there. i put my d16y7 on the dyno yesterday, i will be posting the dyno sheet asap, but i put down 145 hp and 160 lb ft of torque @ 6 psi. is that a ok number for stock internals and no head work??
 
M

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
none except for a fmu msd coil and cap zex plugs and nology wires and a missing link i havent ever messed with the ecu
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,921 Posts
mrcivichybrid said:
none except for a fmu msd coil and cap zex plugs and nology wires and a missing link i havent ever messed with the ecu
I would get ngk wires or oem wires, ditch those Zex plugs(garbage) and get the ngks that are 2 steps colder..... and maybe a chipped ecu and youll be good to go.... nice numbers tho....
 
M

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
the zex plugs have been working fine for me i have been running them for 20 k and the dyno guy said that my air fuel was so good that i didnt really need to spend the money on getting a safc cause i want to stay obd2 because of the emissions where i live. but i was just wanting all yalls thoughts..
 
M

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
its a garrett t3 turbo and i retarded my timing 2 degrees.
 
M

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
it is a .42 .48 what did u mean by "those numbers"??
 
M

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
but those are good torque numbers for a d16 with no vtec
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
255 Posts
Yeah and thats GOOOOD!!! If you look at some of the other dyno slips that were posted you will see the opposite numbers...ie: 160hp and less tq
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11 Posts
i hav the same setup but wit a t3/t4 turbo ...but ur do need to chande those wires and plugs .. sinces u already hav a msd go wit msd wires and ngk (4554) plugs ... think about chipping ur ecu wit a basic turbo map . and you will see the big differents.... my single vtec is making about 245hp but i do hav head work wit cams and shit i do hav a stock cam gear...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,921 Posts
yellow95 said:
i hav the same setup but wit a t3/t4 turbo ...but ur do need to chande those wires and plugs .. sinces u already hav a msd go wit msd wires and ngk (4554) plugs ... think about chipping ur ecu wit a basic turbo map . and you will see the big differents.... my single vtec is making about 245hp but i do hav head work wit cams and shit i do hav a stock cam gear...
O RLY? whats your setup??
 
M

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
my setup consists of a log manifold with a t3 turbo. i do custom fab work for a living, so i enjoyed putting this kit together. i used my aem cai for my upper charge piping with mandrel bent u bends. dsm 1 gen bov, missing link , fmu, fmic, 35mm external wastegate, 2 1/2 inch downpipe with no cat , greddy evo catback , i have always ran royal purple oil too.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11 Posts
if ur talking about my setup..t3/t4 turbo, 450cc stock talon injectors ,msd btm box and coil, hks bbv,s-afc, turbonatics race wastegate, missinglink,3 in wit no cat , apexi n1 exhaust, stock bottom end , port polish head . 3 angle valve job, jun cams, spring and retainers, stock cam gear , act flywheel (7lbs), 6 puck clutch , act pressureplate, 8lbs on pump gas(93), and 14lbs on 102 oct , and 75 shoot ....
 
1 - 20 of 45 Posts
Top