Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1994 turbo hatch
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
yo so i know this kind of thing has been covered but i’ve done a lot of searching and i have some specific questions. i have a d15b7 and i want to swap to something better, so here are my options. d16a6 block- d16z6 head turbo (or just full z6), or some kind of b-swap, probably a b20 would be cheapest but a b16 sounds better cause i am a big vtec fan. my goals are NOT just a big dyno number. i want something that actually accelerates fast, and is reliable. i drove my friends gti and it was slower than a 300d until the turbo hit. yikes! my STOCK b7 beats my friends chipped + custom exhaust porsche 944 turbo off the line every time. i dont want to turbo a z6 and it be slower off the line than the b7. so my questions are this.

1. is a vitara build going to be too low compression to get good low end?

2. can i sacrifice max turbo pressure to eliminate lag? (i would rather get less overall whp to not have to wait for turbo)

3. would it be worth it to go to an na b? and if so which b would best suit my goals? (a turbo b is probably outside my budget)

i know there’s lots of debate about d vs b so let’s not get too hostile lol, thanks

·
Registered
93 Civic HB SI
1,723 Posts
Accelerate fast off the line? Probably go B16/B18 N/A and get a good tune. Maybe bump the compression ratio up a bit with different pistons if the budget allows. Match it to the GSR trans for a decent OEM gear ratio designed for acceleration, couple with good tires and be happy :)

My Y8 off the line is no show stopper, hell it lags quite a bit shifting from first to second due to it being a Y7 trans, but the lag is hardly noticeable shifting 2nd to 3rd, then the speed of acceleration in 3rd through 4th is insane with the turbo. That's where I'm able to easily close the gap and pass most cars I've "raced" lol. It's not really racing on the street, doesn't count for much.

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
5,308 Posts
go find a b18 from a wrecked integra gs and throw a b16 head on it (lsvtec) and be done with it. cheap engine, cheap head from a broken engine and everything should swap right over, just need an ecu.

save all your pennies and eventually turbo it

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
5,308 Posts
been here since 2016 and has 1 post.

Reactions: robgoof
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.