Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today i had 2 problems with my car...which i have never had since i boosted my D15B this year. Today i was sitting at idle at a set of lights...and the idle slowly went down and the car died out. I started the car again and it was ok....idle fine...no problems. Then i hit the highway and the weirdest thing happened....i stepped on the gas (not WOT)....and there was no throttle response at all. Its like i wasnt pressing the gas or anything....no increase in speed or rpm's. I pulled over and let it idle for a minute and then continued home....and it didnt happen again. Im stumped...really weird situation as it doesnt happen all the time.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
My setup:
stock d15b with headstuds.
custom mini ram manifold....2.5" downpipe...high flow cat...2.5" exhaust.
38mm tial wastegate....open dump.
Garrett GT2860RS turbo.
greddy type s bov.
255lph fuel pump...rc 440's (high impedance).
fully tuned on chrome...running 6.5lbs.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ya as far as i remember i didnt see why wideband go crazy rich or anything. So i dont believe its been flooded with fuel. But im gonna check my tps...i was leaning towards that too.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Mine did that. Coil was going out. Did 3 or 4 times, then it wouldnt start back.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I drove it to work this morning and no problems. On the way home it died on my once...sitting idling...the car wasnt fully warmed up. Ive noticed lately that when its cold...the idle fluctuates...like the fast idle thermal valve needs cleaning. So i may do that...but im not sure if that would cause it to completely stall out.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Car stalled out and died on me 3 times today, on the way home from work. 2 times when it was cold and once when it was hot. Its soo inconsistent that its hard to diagnose. When it was dying out on me...my wideband was reading crazy lean.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts