Honda D Series Forum banner

41 - 60 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
6,487 Posts
COP and flex fuel. someone is going e85? good shit!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
COP and flex fuel. someone is going e85? good shit!
it's running on e85 since some years ;)
The problem is that e85 is not available here any more - so flex fuel is my rescue to drive back home from a race if i have not enough e85

·
Registered
6,487 Posts
do you have an electric boost solenoid installed? would be a great partner in crime with that octane sensor to be safe between home and race track.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
do you have an electric boost solenoid installed? would be a great partner in crime with that octane sensor to be safe between home and race track.
of course. so you mean it should limit boost automatically with lower octane fuel?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #47 (Edited)
yes, i really like it! i only have to paint it black to keep it as a sleeper ;)

after the first race (in a street category) i noticed some compressor surge noises... one problem solved and the next one follows =(

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
setup 2018

Haven't updated this thread a long time. In the past year i could not race the car so it was time for some new upgrades

I painted the intercooler black to get it more sleeper style. I also installed the new fuel pump, but decided to go with 1200cc injectors, which fit p'n'p with the oem fuel rail.
The EFR 6758 is now equipped with a turbosmart dual port wastegate. Some other parts like a DC2 brake master cylinder with custom stainless steel break lines, a bigger radiator with a slim fan and shroud and some other parts like lower control arms are installed now. The head got fully built, ported and is now equipped with a rocket motorsports cam, valves and retainers. Some parts in the engine bay were replaced with powdercoated ones ... and i cleaned my dc2 recaros the first time after some years
I replaced my 16" ultraleggeras with 15" ATS DTC with beefy Toyo R888Rs. They have the same weight :/ but now i can run semi slicks on the street.
In the next few weeks the new setup is finished and will be mapped. I'm very excited how it will run now

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
I also did a "small" wire tuck hiding somes wires and connectors to tidy up the engine bay.

The new d17 valve cover

·
Registered
same
1,881 Posts
Sex bro!

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
4,785 Posts
where did that valve cover come from?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
currently having problems to get the new setup correctly mapped. power is good, but i got many dropouts in the low in mid range.
Tried K-series cop and Audi high performance Coils but still got dropouts.
Running 1300cc flow matched Bosch injectors ... and a walbro 450lph. injector duty cycle is 104% ... shouldn't be with 1300cc on E85. Maybe the injectors are crap and i should try other ones...

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
fuel system

We put a lot of work in fixing the problems.
Overworked the complete fuel system:
custom built fuel catch tank, bigger fuel lines, external fuel pump, ID1300cc injectors and fixed the leaking AEM fuel pressure regulator.
After that it was ready for the dyno ...

·
4,785 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #58 (Edited)
now it's official: NEW WORLD RECORD on the d13 engine

Today we've been on the dyno and get very nice results.

>> 520HP on axles @ 29psi
>> 530NM

The engine could do more, but the BorgWarner EFR got it's limit (it's rated to 450hp) ;)

it runs a proECU-K (to d-series!) by Doctronic.at

DYNO RUN: https://youtu.be/pDijfteE7lM
(is there a way to embed the video here?)

·
4,785 Posts
I FUCKING CALLED IT!

CONGRATS BROSEF!!

41 - 60 of 66 Posts