Honda D Series Forum banner

21 - 40 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
Civic and Accord
226 Posts
as long as the backpressure is low, and you got the cam+springs it should do 9000rpm. a y8 Works good at 8000 :)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Kingpin Compliance Bushings.
Where to get them?

as long as the backpressure is low, and you got the cam+springs it should do 9000rpm. a y8 Works good at 8000 :)
At my last setup - no more power at 8000+
Will see how it's going with new setup and exhaust

Ah oke, I think HiProfile here can explain it the best.
I read a lot posts here, but i had no problems with my 750cc so i think i will try and test them and maybe next year i can change and improve

·
Registered
92 cx
934 Posts
You are still making over 300whp on that graph past 7500rpm. I bet you it still makes near 300whp at 8000rpm. The tuner just shut it down early because he was probably too scared to take it further. Besides keeping that car in gear longer will give you much better 1/4 mile times. I bet it will safely rev to 8500rpm, still make plenty of power and you'll drop atleast .2 sec in the quarter mile.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
You are still making over 300whp on that graph past 7500rpm. I bet you it still makes near 300whp at 8000rpm. The tuner just shut it down early because he was probably too scared to take it further. Besides keeping that car in gear longer will give you much better 1/4 mile times. I bet it will safely rev to 8500rpm, still make plenty of power and you'll drop atleast .2 sec in the quarter mile.
we tried it, but not much more power at 8k or more. but i an try it with my next setup.

i just got my quantum 340lph fuel pump. i have not found much review about it but the flow chart looks good (little bit more flow overall as aeromotive 340lph)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
final sprint

the last few modifications....
engine is inside (new coated je pistons, arp headstuds, crower rods, new z6 head with bisimoto valve springs,...)
custom built ic piping
custom stainless steel 3" downpipe

today the custom 3" exhaust piping with a long simons resonator and vibrant muffler will be ready to install

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
got it mapped. The result is 403hp @ 27psi
But the head gasket broke so i changed it and renewed the o-rings.

i went to the first races and got a constant 12.1 second on drag slicks and a 12.6 on street tires.

·
Infamous Kanjozoku hatch
4,671 Posts
wow I absolutely love this build! it ran 7.8 in 1/8 mile and that's good time, and those 2 gorgeous lady got nice ass tho. :devil:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
long time ago i posted here

my new best time was 11.6 @ 119.3mph

but then i stopped going to drag races, because at the moment i have very bad issues with my suspension or maybe steering =(
it feels loose and unstable at higher speed. it feels like driving a boat.

swapped steering rack, checked bushings, put on new tires, adjusted lines - but still have this problem and can't figure out what's wrong.

·
Registered
92 cx
934 Posts
Try replacing your halfshafts, bet they could be bent. That could be causing your issue. If you already haven't figured it out.

Also inspect the motor mounts, I'm sure the rear one is getting a lot of stress.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Try replacing your halfshafts, bet they could be bent. That could be causing your issue. If you already haven't figured it out.

Also inspect the motor mounts, I'm sure the rear one is getting a lot of stress.
I've replaced them and the rear motor mount is a innovative mount - so i dont think that it's weak.

·
Registered
6,487 Posts
Access to a welder, some good hardware (bolts and washers), and some steel?

Find a pair of big thick washers, put them under the head of the inner control arm bolt, weld 2 inch long sections of steel tube to the washer, so that it is a removable piece in future.

Weld a bent bar across to stiffen up the subframe.

basically make a stronger version of a front lower tie bar. The front will look like the H brace offerings, without the "legs" coming backwards on the body.

Also, Pop the front bumper off, and weld small traingles to the corners of the chassis.

Look up civic frame lockers. It is an old offering that seriously improved suspension and steering performance, but PROBABLY was discontinued, (in my theory/opinion) because it compromised the effect of the crumple zone in a crash.

SHORT TERM

create a homemade front lower tie bar

create homemade frame lockers

·
Registered
6,487 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
more parts

have not written a long time here.
new season – new improvements on the setup.
some parts arrived and some more are coming soon – stay tuned ;)

21 - 40 of 66 Posts