Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm all the time reading here at d-series.org but now i want to show off my boosted d13 from austria, europe.

STEP1:
It all started 2008 with a d13 minime. Yes, its a d13 - so changed tank, fuel lines, z6 head, manifold and ecu and it got it with oem esi exhaust. i only changed the rear muffler and took it to a friend - the one and only doc (doctronic.at), who mapped it. The result was 122,3hp and i think that was really nice for a d13 (standard 75hp).

This was the time that i started dragracing. in was running a 16.0 and this was not bad in the smallest dragrace category.

At this moment i was infected. So i wanted to build something new...

STEP2:

A boosted d13. It all started as a low budget project. so i bought some used parts and with much help of my friends we put a used Garrett T25 on it
(oem nissan s13 turbocharger). Self built mini-ram manifold, downpipe and exhaust, 100cell catalytic converter, 450cc dsm injectors, running e85 - mapping again by doctronic. lowboost (around 7.25psi) on stock internals it made 189.9hp.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
STEP3:
2012: After winning some dragraces - it was time for a new step. After a long time of research i found a manufacturer for d13 rods. so another d13 built up. crower rods, bisimoto valve springs, arp studs, a new custom turbo manifold, straight flow magnaflow muffler, oil cooler, Garrett T28 (nissan s14), 750cc RC injectors, electronic boost controll, and a new mapping (23psi). The result was 326,6hp. it's very fun to drive because the t28 is nearly perfect for the small d13. Very nice to drive! The t28 seems perfect at the d13. I was running dragraces in hungary, slovakia, croatia, austria and germany.
This build is not built for drag racing only - its more a street and drag build.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
2014/2015 i had a lot problems with wheel hop - so i needed 3 gearboxes(!) and now i have a mfactory lsd. but still wheelhop :-/
But 2015 i run my new personal record: 12.1

For my taste this setup is perfect to drive - but at drag races i need just a little bit more ;) so....

THE NEXT (and maybe last) STEP is in progress ;)
After 8 years driving and knowing so much upgrade steps on the d13 - its time for the - maybe last - upgrade.

Stay tuned!

fb.com/lowbudgetracing
fb.com/doctronic.at

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
4,008 Posts
the picture with the 2 girls on your hood, what headlights are those?

·
Premium Member
95 civic coupe
1,358 Posts
I like it! Thanks for the share, Mate.

·
Registered
del Sol si '94
2,539 Posts
At higher power levels like yours, Ive eliminated wheel hop with upgraded motor mounts and such. I also used traction bars to help stabilize the front suspension, Im still suspect that they actually help "traction". But I believe the bars help hold the front lower control arms steady.

Another way to help with wheel hop, is to launch at a higher rpm. raise you launch rpm or 2 step 500 rpm or so and see if it makes a difference. You may need to adjust launch strategy/foot work on the clutch.

·
Classic Man
Civic
16,355 Posts
From my experience, thousand hits in a Honda... It all comes down to the tires and tire pressure. Real MT or MH slicks, 10psi or less pressure. No wheel hop.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
full equiped with energy suspensions. rear motor mount is a innovative mount - the others are filled.
yes, 2016 i will try a traction bar and hope that this will help.

i run mh drag slicks - with them i have no (or nearly no) problems, but i have much problems on street with street tires or at some dragraces i run toyo r1r (like r888 ) and with them i have much wheelhop.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
step 4 is coming soon!

some parts arrived...

Borg Warner EFR 6758 – I haven't seen much d-series borg warner efr setups so will give it a try ;)
RC 1000cc injectors
Simons and Vibrant Black Streetpower 3" muffler

·
Registered
Del Sol EH6
173 Posts
Very cool to boost a D13, I love it! I'm curious what this will do with the BW. Why use RC injectors and not use a Bosch EV14 style injector?

·
Registered
Civic and Accord
225 Posts
Looking forward to what you can push out of the EFR turbo :)

Good job runing a 1.3 :)

·
Registered
92 cx
932 Posts
With the rod stroke ratio you have im surprised you dont push that motor to 8,000rpm or higher. Looks like they stopped the engine around 7500rpm

1 - 20 of 62 Posts