Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
Honda CRX si
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys,

I am serious about purchasing a b16a boosted CRX, some of you probably have seen it on Import tuner magazine.

The guy is in the local SD area, and I wanted to know some things to ask him so I can be more confident in purchasing the car, since I dont know much about turbo applications maybe you guys can give me some advice on what to look for, what to ask, etc...

Since you guys are mainly the experts with this car, I just wanted a second opinion on what you guys think about it.

Here is the link to the car for sale.

AutoPeek - 1988 Honda CRX

thanks

·
Premium Member
civic coupe
7,943 Posts
you're seriously interested in that for 17k?? dude if you have 17 k to spend on a car either build on the way you want it OR go buy something worth looking at...

I'm defiantly the first person to say each their own but YUCK?

·
Registered
101 Posts
wow thats the most asinine thing i've seen in a long time. You realize that car is a trailer queen? it goes to shows, sits there and looks ridiculous. If you tried to drive it, all that stuff would be completely boned in under a year. paint chipped, interior trashed, engine bay would not be clean anymore.

would I buy a car to look at in my garage all day for 17k? hell no, and especially not something straight out of pimp my ride.

·
Registered
1991 Honda Civic SI
2,509 Posts
wow thats the most asinine thing i've seen in a long time. You realize that car is a trailer queen? it goes to shows, sits there and looks ridiculous. If you tried to drive it, all that stuff would be completely boned in under a year. paint chipped, interior trashed, engine bay would not be clean anymore.

would I buy a car to look at in my garage all day for 17k? hell no, and especially not something straight out of pimp my ride.
hmm..my thoughts exactly....

·
Registered
1988 Honda CRX
6,676 Posts
If you like that sort of thing go ahead, but mechanical condition is irrelevant, as is ride and handling as it is not suitable to drive any distance at any speed at all.

It is strictly a show car.

·
Registered
crx
2,683 Posts
by the look of the cheesy aluminum wing i say it was built after someone saw the fast and the furious lol. only thing i think looks kinda neat on there is seeing nsx tail lights on it.

·
Im Bringing TSEXY Back!
^^Look up
5,468 Posts
You can go out and buy a brand new SI off the lot for that money??

And actually be'able to drive it without feeling like your an extra on F&F.

Seriously would'nt buy this car even if it was 1997 again.

·
Registered
90 CRX hf
101 Posts
Yo dawg, its not Jay Dee Em enough! wurr dat curbon fyber lip at??? An ya gotta be rollin on DUBz dat match ya platnum chayne!

Isn't it odd that the people with money to build/buy something like that always seem to have no taste at all? Guess u gotta lose somewhere haha!

I will say the bay looks pretty clean (too much chrome and needs more wire tucking tho IMO), and the exterior aside from the wing, tails, head lights, and what appear to be 18"s and other such nonsense looks alright... Although it appears to have the door trim deleted so first time a shopping cart comes its way it will look like someone keyed that nice paint.

But yea, thats not a car you really drive... Also I think I would sooner shoot myself than do something like that to my CRX's interior.

Seriously.

You could probably do a boosted K swap in a CRX for that much, and you'd crap your pants in every gear.

·
Registered
91 CRX Si
4,454 Posts
1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.