Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So ..

I will break this down as best as i can .
Own a 95' DX . automatic/d15 .
Bought a 94' SI . manual/d16

Specs : walboro/chipped ecu/450 dsm

Swapped motor and tranny from the SI to the DX.
Now i have photos on my phone that i will update with but the engine bracket attached to the frame on the passenger side is completely different . what mount do i use?
Swap is finished with some temp modification to the mount, and i can't get it to turn over .
- Injectors are spraying
- Spark plugs are firing
New cap/rotor, plugs.
I was told the ecu is tuned for 450cc injectors/ walboro. is this where my issue lies , now this is what i was told the tune is for ; is there anyway for me to find out ? should i retune ? the ecu is a chipped p06

·
FYB or FIU tune, pick 1
95 Del Sol Si
560 Posts
If you have gas and spark then there should be an explosion o_O check timing and if you have to pop the ecu open see if its been chipped, find someone with an eprom reader,

·
Boost Gets You Laid
Del Sol
4,402 Posts
You will need an auto to manual swap mount for a manual trans going in to a automatic car. Otherwise the trans will sit up like 3-4" higher than normal putting the engine at a weird angle.
http://hasport.com/store/index.php/egamh.html

Are you sure it's sparking and what not. Also you did not mention if you have a resistor box in place to run your DSM injectors. They will not function properly with out the resistor box or resistors soldered in-line with the harness.

Even if it was a stock EPROM with DSM 450s it would run, just run like ass.

Car will also not run if the EPROM does not have the correct MAP sensor selected. On the same foot if your MAP sensor is defective it will not run.

A little more specs on setup plz

·
Registered
97 honda coupe
7,611 Posts
yeah we need more info before we can tell whats actually going on, i would suggest cutting jumper j1 would allow you to run on the stock factory eeprom settings and be just like a stock car

that little red jumper in the pic is the jumper you need to either cut or add a jumper in there.

·
Registered
My civic
2,340 Posts
He went from auto to manual. I bet its his neutral safety switch not being there because it was a auto trans. Find a way to bypass it.

·
Registered
94 Civic Hatch
334 Posts
So ..

I will break this down as best as i can .
Own a 95' DX . automatic/d15 .
Bought a 94' SI . manual/d16

Specs : walboro/chipped ecu/450 dsm

Swapped motor and tranny from the SI to the DX.
Now i have photos on my phone that i will update with but the engine bracket attached to the frame on the passenger side is completely different . what mount do i use? if you still have the SI as a donor use that mount
Swap is finished with some temp modification to the mount, and i can't get it to turn over .
- Injectors are spraying
- Spark plugs are firing
New cap/rotor, plugs.
I was told the ecu is tuned for 450cc injectors/ walboro. is this where my issue lies , now this is what i was told the tune is for ; is there anyway for me to find out ? should i retune ? the ecu is a chipped p06
im not positive but isnt the p06 a non vtec e.c.u if its chipped you gotta makes sure its setup for vtec.
check your timing.
check all your grounds
make sure your plugs on the back of your intake manifold arent mixed up.
i had a couple more things i was thinking of but forgot if they come back to me i'll post them out.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm going to do some more diagnosing today and will most definitely update with some photos / videos.

buttt , I worked the dsm injector clips into the existing harness can anyone confirm wire-wire ? if I had them wired wrong would they fire ? and yes I did wire up a resistor box .

the motor ran perfect under the original p28 ecu it came with , just amongst all this mayhem ( did the swap in a week , in a driveway , in the middle of a Canadian winter) I accidentally forgot to snag the ecu and it's now in the middle of a junkyard lol .

do the map sensors go frequently on this motor , EPROM could be the issue ? timing was never touched , grounds are fine or it wouldn't even crank . plugs on the back of the intake manifold ? I broke the dummy light wire while installing the feed line but that shouldn't be the culprit .

·
Registered
92 Civic Hatch
1,757 Posts
So the engine will CRANK, but WILL NOT start correct?

Or how do you know you have spark if the motor wont turn over? There is a difference between the engine cranking/turning over and Just not starting

Does it sound like it catches, or hits a hard sport while cranking?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
who would have an EPROM reader ? where can I purchase one ?
the motor does crank , its caught once or twice but nothing to get excited about .
next update will include a video of the injectors firing

·
Registered
92 Civic Hatch
1,757 Posts
I say this ALL THE TIME, but it holds true

CHeck the order of your spark plugs wires on the distributor itself. make sure they are in the correct order, and then make sure they are in the correct HOLE/PORT on the distributor.

If they are in the wrong port, you'll still get spark, it will crank, but never start.

It happened to me on my build lol

And make sure you have gas lol

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ive gone over my plug order numerous times . I can't see that being the culprit ill include a photo of that for the next update . I thought it may have been gas originally , it's currently just under a half tank ; which should be enough lol ??

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Now , i'm 99% one of my injectors are wired wrong. but i dont have a multimeter to check; hopefully someone can point out where i went wrong . at least to narrow it down .
Thanks for all the responses , much appreciated

·
FYB or FIU tune, pick 1
95 Del Sol Si
560 Posts
I dont see a resister box wired with those injectors, also looks like a new cap/rotor? wats that cardboard crap on ur motor?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Bro i'm diagnosing why my motor won't start . obviously what you see isn't permanent lol , nor did it look anything like that BEFORE i had to tear it apart.

and how the fuck would you expect to see a resistor box in any of those photos ??

·
Boost Gets You Laid
Del Sol
4,402 Posts
I think I spotted the fail in your pics.

No need for a jumper/conversion harness there.

OBD-1 chassis + OBD-1 ECU = no need for conversion harness.

As long as his shift indicator is at park he will be able to run his engine in the auto chassis.

Injector wiring, I'm no where close to useful on. I used bizzar's radioshack resistor mod for all my stuff. Most autoparts stores have a cheap multimeter that will be in the ballpark of correct voltage you can use for around $20USD. If you injectors are squirting then I'd say you did something right there.

Curious to how you confirmed spark. Pull a wire and listin for the arcing or do you have one of the spark testers. If you do, what color was the spark or how bright was the light inside.

edit: I know this might sound stupid but check to see if you mixed the TPS and MAP plugs up. They both fit on each other and the car will not run if they are mixed up. Happened to me before. Double check the ground cable that is supposed to be bolted to the thermostat housing also

1 - 20 of 22 Posts