Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1991 crx si and a spare d16z6 I want to build for boost, but I want to autocross the car. My question is what pistons and rods should I use if Im using a 14B turbo. I know thats a small turbo so I don't want to drop the compression from stock but I do want new pistons and rods. My second question is what headgasket to use. My budget is 1800 for motor and tranny so basically I need the bare essentials to hit 200whp reliably and safely.

·
Lifes short, drive fast!
2,350 Posts
you DONT need pistons or rods to hit 200whp safely every day, as long as the motor isnt a high mileage one.

·
Registered
869 Posts
arias pistons stock compression and eagle rods and head studs and then no worries.. with a stock engine at 200 you have to worry cause you are going to push it hard

·
Registered
honda del sol
557 Posts
well you dont really want boost for auto-x. you're gona have traction and classing problems...but you'll want to use a small turbo for example a t25 or 14b which will give you plenty of power down low and mid ranger to get you throguh the corners...if your tires stick.

·
Lifes short, drive fast!
2,350 Posts
arias pistons stock compression and eagle rods and head studs and then no worries.. with a stock engine at 200 you have to worry cause you are going to push it hard
Not really. I do agree with the ARP's, but there are lots of guys running 200whp on the stock block, and have been for a long time. 200whp is the safe limit, anywhere from 220whp-250whp is where it gets nasty...

·
Well?
10,814 Posts
im going to be boosting my stock motor with an auto with a 14b, its all in the tune but like lastresort said, your gonna have lots of issues with auto-x and a turbo as far as traction and classing

·
Registered
73 Posts
Suspension first then turbo!
Correct, power is nothing without control.

Depending on wether or not the SMF class passes or not, youll instantly be in SM2 with a forced setup in a crx. Im hoping the SMF class goes through, even though Im an awd guy now and cant play. In our region, SM2 is the class that usually puts down the ttod.

·
Premium Member
civic coupe
7,943 Posts
being a boosted "moderate" built civic in autoX sucks IMO b/c around here it puts you in the modified class and you have to run all those vetts and stangs and bmw's that are B.A...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts