Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i need help with forced induction, im a n/a guy . i really dont know anything about turbo setups. right now my z6 has a 12.5 to 1 compression. i kno i need a new motor but i dont kno wat to run. im open for motor ideas, turbos and turbo setups, and please help me with all of the electronics. i dont kno anything about electronics . thanks for all of your help

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
i would put some low compression pistons in your z6 and then go turbo, the z6 is a good motor for boost:TU:

·
Random Hero
2,624 Posts
you could turbo that engine. Just learn how to tune (electronics + mechanics).

With that much compression, you'd want to run a small turbo and start with low boost ~5 and tune up from there.

But sounds like you have a lot more reading. Look into vitara pistons if you want to go the low compression high boost route.

read read read - Have fun learning. It's a trip!

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
hahaha we in same boat lol. i got a high compression Y8 that i now want to build for boost. so im putting the stock pistons back in, or if anybody knows some rods and pistons set thats good and i dont need to notch the block id do that too.

i know this question prolly gets asked, but how much hp can the stock sleeves handle if i put forged pistons and rods in?

·
Premium Member
5,910 Posts
SOHCpower said:
i know this question prolly gets asked, but how much hp can the stock sleeves handle if i put forged pistons and rods in?
They have seen 400whp many times.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts